Possible trawler owner by end of month

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonflyer

Vessel Name
Dragonfly
Vessel Make
1979 CHB 34
Hi!
Husband and I have an accepted offer on a 1979 CHB 34 aft cabin. We've done the sea trials, and are awaiting mechanical inspection and survey in a week and a half. If all goes well, we'll be closing by the end of the month. We're starting to get excited about it. We're moving up from a MacGregor 26M, so it's a big step up in terms of usable space. It is however a step down in speed.:rofl:
Looking forward to finally getting to Desolation Sound!

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase. Other then speed I think you will love how much they have packed into a 34 foot aft cabin. We love ours and think nothing of multi-week cruises without touching shore.

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase. Other then speed I think you will love how much they have packed into a 34 foot aft cabin. We love ours and think nothing of multi-week cruises without touching shore.

Thanks! We're looking forward to it, and may try to pick your brains later about different things as we figure out the best way to set up our boat.

Was that CHB formally in Ladysmith? If so, I know the owner about 2 back, if so you'll be happy to know he took really good care of it.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. When it is finally yours we will need photos.

Was that CHB formally in Ladysmith? If so, I know the owner about 2 back, if so you'll be happy to know he took really good care of it.

Not sure if it used to be based out of Ladysmith. It looks like it's been well taken care if, which is part of why we made the offer on it. :thumb:
Current name is Dragonfly, if that helps

Welcome aboard from another CHB owner on the Island. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks! Fingers crossed, and looking forward to it!

Belated update: the boat is ours! We took possession of it at the end of March, and were lucky enough to have a good weather window then to motor it from Sidney to Nanaimo. We've been busy since then cleaning,tinkering and equipping it.

Congrats! You own a fine little ship!

I have owned three 34s my favorite is the sedan quite a bit more rare anyways it’s a perfect size boat for the San Juan’s I’m sure you will enjoy it

Back
Top Bottom