New and Dangerous! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BoatPoor

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Windy Gail
Vessel Make
Mainship Mediterranean 41
Hi guys! My wife and I are about to be the hopefully proud owners of a 1989 Mainship Mediterranean 41 and I'm looking forward to hanging out and learning a lot here.
A little about myself, I'm a retired automotive tech and current gunsmith from Texas, so if you've got any automotive/gun questions I can probably help you out, but I've never owned a boat larger than my 21' Range fish-and-ski so I may not be off much use around here.:):):)

Hi guys! My wife and I are about to be the hopefully proud owners of a 1989 Mainship Mediterranean 41 and I'm looking forward to hanging out and learning a lot here.
A little about myself, I'm a retired automotive tech and current gunsmith from Texas, so if you've got any automotive/gun questions I can probably help you out, but I've never owned a boat larger than my 21' Range fish-and-ski so I may not be off much use around here.:):):)

Boatpoor,

First, Welcome to the forum! We're not far behind you (or in front of you) as we are getting back into boating after a 19 year hiatus! Lots of skills from your auto tech will transfer to boat maintenance, and repair. The more you can do yourself, the more dollars you will have for cruising!

You don't say where the boat is based. You might want to to user CP (in the top left of your screen) scroll down to Setting and Options, then Edit Signature. You can put what type of boat you have, also your location, so people replying to your posts will have a better idea of where you are if the reply is location dependent. You can also edit your profile, and post a pic as an avatar which will show up on every post.

You've purchased a lot of boat!:D Now go out and enjoy her!:dance:

Welcome aboard. Just a potential caution, make sure you can get insurance. A lot of insurance companies will not insure a boat more than 10 or 15’ larger than your largest boat. Hate to see you close on it and then be unable to insure it. Check before you close...

Hi Boatpoor and welcome. We are always glad to have a hands-on type around here to set us straight when we wander into topics we don't know anything about. I have been here quite a long time and have indeed wandered.... Long ago there a discussion of guns and their use aboard boats got started here, and brush fires erupted all over the place as various folks have strong pro and con opinions. It got so bad that ANY discussion of the g-word was banned for years. I was surprised recently when a member asked a legal question about on the topic, and a civil (mostly) discussion ensued and then trailed off without any shots fired.:) I could see you dealing with the situation via the private message (PM) feature here rather than public posts like this one as guns and their details are not strictly considered "boat/trawler" gear.

Hi BoatPoor! Welcome to the best [yet nuttiest] recreational life choice on the planet. The nutty part can be affixed to many separate reasons/circumstances for owning, and/or using, and/or living aboard a boat.

On TF you can use the search feature [upper right hand area of pages] to read a plethora of marine and boat related items.

Ask things in your posts... the answers will usually be multiply provided.

I'm gonna PM you a car question!

Happy Boating Daze! - Art :speed boat:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom