New owner of a Sundowner Tug 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CH46 Pilot

Vessel Name
Scout
Vessel Make
Sundowner Tug 30
Just purchased a 1984 Sundowner Tug from the Lakes of the Ozarks. Transporting it to Green Turtle Marina on Kentucky Lake. Splash date is 19 June 2021. Will be sailing it to Mobile AL and then down west coast of Florida. Would love to meet some others on the way. I started sailing at 6 years and have always had sailboats, crossed the Atlantic to Spain and back on a Freedom 32. This being my first powerboat I can use any and all advice. Look forward to hearing from someone.

Jim Todd

Scout is the Sundowner I purchased.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat.

Welcome. I have been through a lot of your route from GTB to Mobile and thence to PC in the last few years. If you haven't done it before, you are in for a lot of fun. I am a big fan of AIS for running the rivers.

Give a shout when you begin to close in on Panama City a number of the bigger marinas are still not rebuilt from 2018's Hurricane Michael, but we can put you up at our pier on your way though.

What's your ultimate home port?

I'd advise being exceedingly nice to any Great Harbour N37 people you meet...might be the previous owners :D

My home port is Melbourne Harbor. Will be keeping Scout at the Melbourne Yacht Club. I will keep updating progress and give you a shout in Panama City. When to Navy Pensacola Flight and spent a bit of time in Panama City.

My home port is Melbourne Harbor. Will be keeping Scout at the Melbourne Yacht Club. I will keep updating progress and give you a shout in Panama City. When to Navy Pensacola Flight and spent a bit of time in Panama City.

That reminds me, the Navy has a yacht basin at NAS Pensacola, if you are eligible. It would be a good layover for you.

Back
Top Bottom