Duffy's Fresh Water & Holding tank Gauges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
My Duffy has a head that is fresh water flushed & here are that status monitors for each tank. Fresh water tank is a simple float level gauge & holding tank has a green light for half empty, a yellow light for more than half full & a red led for full. All work extremely well!

Attachments

• Water & Holding Tank Gauges.jpg
    Water & Holding Tank Gauges.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 26
Hi Walt,

Can you draw sea water to flush if you are low on fresh water?

Clean, simple and effective. Duffy has lots of practice building boats and has really figured out the details.

Hi Walt,

Sorry for the delay in answering your question, Scott,and the answer is "no."
My holding tank is only 13 gallons as is the fresh water tank and there is no pump out route to the sea nor is there a salt water source for flushing the head. It bothered me at first but I like the idea of having the pump out boat come by every 2 months. He charges me $25. This boat is strictly a bay boat and is extremely well suited for that mission. I've grown to love the lack of required maintenance & fuel that I struggled with on 10 different boats for many years. The only thing that the boat lacks is a birth to sleep in but since I only live 8 miles away and have a great view of the Pacific from my house,
I can live with it. :thumb:

Attachments

• Duffy 22 Cuddy.jpg
    Duffy 22 Cuddy.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 12
She's beautiful. I saw a Duffy in Georgia and was thrilled by the silence. What a great option.

Hi Walt,

If he has a bucket the answer is yes. While the two tanks (fresh water/holding) are equal capacity there is probably a faucet on board so not all the fresh water is going to the holding tank. In an emergency if the little green/red lights indicate capacity he might dip a bucket for a flush in extremis!

While the two tanks (fresh water/holding) are equal capacity there is probably a faucet on board so not all the fresh water is going to the holding tank.

Nope! No faucet on board. Note: Since both tanks are of equal volume, If I start with an empty holding tank & a full water tank, the water tank gauge will tell me most of what I want to know about the level in the holding tank!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 4.11.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 4.11.28 PM.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 7
Nope! No faucet on board. Note: Since both tanks are of equal volume, If I start with an empty holding tank & a full water tank, the water tank gauge will tell me most of what I want to know about the level in the holding tank!

Simplicity at its finest!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom