Greetings from NZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LazySunday

Hi everyone
We bought a Ron Given design power cat last year and are well underway in our plan to leave NZ for the South Pacific islands next year.

Originally a sailing cat the mast/sails have now been removed and power is twin 65hp Volvos so I think we sort of qualify as trawler as cruise speed is 7 or 8 kn.

LS has just spent 2 weeks on the hard having a hull repaint and antifoul (all rolled by myself, looks great - from a distance !), new solar, genset installed, more fuel tanks, new hatches, dinghy arch, flybridge supports, live bait tanks sealed for more storage, rewire, rudder alignment, new stainless ex manifolds, bilge pumps,etc.

I am also in the process of replacing every/most hose onboard as the previous owner must have had shares in a garden hose company.

Obv budget has been blown out completely but we have to go next year !

Have fun everyone.
Hard LScr.jpg

Hiya mate. I recently joined the forum too having purchased a 12m passage maker based in Tairua, with a view to doing what you're planning in a few years time. I've been an admirer of RG cats for years, - you may recall Toi Toi was a sail conversion too that featured in boating news a few years back?
keen to see a few more pics of your baby
Will Fransen
will@adeptinteriors.co.nz

Welcome LazySunday to TF.
We would love to see more picture of your upgrades.
good luck.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat.

Back
Top Bottom