View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 02:53 AM   #20
Octaman

City: Athens, Greece
Vessel Name: LOLITA
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 32
Smile

Hey Wifey B,
That is a tough question; especially as I am in love with all the Greek islands and I find that every place has something unique to offer.
Anyway, having said that and assuming you will be coming in from Italy, I expect you want five suggestions for the Greek Ionian islands.
Here are five:
1. You want to do Corfu, the main town. It is where you will probably check in to the country with the port authorities. You can anchor out in front of the yacht club. Or go into the yachtclub if they have a berthing. Alternatively you can go to the nearby marina in Gouvia a few miles off. The town is busy but beauriful.
2. I think it is worthwhile making a stop at Sivota and spending the night in one of the beautiful bays of the little islands there.
3. Definitely Paxoi - one night in Longos and one night in the main town further south in the channel between the main island of Paxoi and Aghios Nikolaos.
4. Definitely Antipaxoi. Go into the bay just north of Agrapidia near the end of the day when most boats are leaving, stay overnight and leave in the morning when the first day-cruise-tourist-boat arrives after ten.'
5. That is easily more than five stops, really. But if you go further south you don't want to miss Fiskardo in Kefalonia.
Hope this helps.
Octaman._