Senate approves BC bypass for WA AK cruises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would think it would clear the House and be signed by the President pretty quickly.

Interestingly, here is what is listed under the duration of the Act:

"(g) Duration.—The authority provided under this section shall terminate on the earlier of—
(1) the date on which covered cruise ships are no longer prohibited by the Government of Canada, any political subdivision of Canada, or any port or province of Canada, from entering, berthing, or docking in Canadian waters of the Pacific Coast due to the COVID–19 pandemic; or

(2) March 31, 2022."

Jim​

I would think it would clear the House and be signed by the President pretty quickly.

"(g) Duration.—The authority provided under this section shall terminate on the earlier of—
(1) the date on which covered cruise ships are no longer prohibited by the Government of Canada, any political subdivision of Canada, or any port or province of Canada, from entering, berthing, or docking in Canadian waters of the Pacific Coast due to the COVID–19 pandemic; or

(2) March 31, 2022."

Jim​

Thank you for that.

(2) March 31, 2022."

Jim​
I guess they gave themselves a month to see if Canada opens after the end of Feb 2022, they can always extend, but have made it an emergency measure, not an indefinite one.

your link is for border crossings and do not include cruise ships. Even then, the article explains these are routine talks by staff, nothing more.
Yes, I read that and is why I said preliminary.
You really think when the "border" opens cruise ships will still be banned?

As an Alaskan this legislation is frankly too late for the 2021 cruise ship season.

Our cruise ship season is really May through September and we are already in the middle of May.

Cruise ships take time to gear up, hire and train crew, get bookings, and all the other things that must work out to make a cruise happen.

There is just not enough time for that to happen for 2021

Back
Top Bottom