Raymarine Quantum radar help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarantelle

Vessel Name
Tarantelle
Vessel Make
1983 Ocean Alexander 40 Europa
Does anyone know of a Raymarine expert in the Seattle area - or preferably near LaConner? I can not get the Quantum radar to power up or be recognized. I’ve talked to the tech folks at Raymarine with no luck. I have Raymarine gs 165 and es128 MFD’s on the boat. I’ve also read the Raymarine tech notes on what to try if the quantum isn’t communicating with the MFD. no luck there either. Not sure what to do next. Thanks for any help/advice.

Not sure I will be of much help, but I have done this a couple of times. How is it connected? Wires or WiFi? I assume you have checked power to the radome? Are the MFDs upgraded to a sufficient software level?

Check power and polarity. Check it again. :)

Twice in 3 weeks I fixed "unfixable" problems in new radar installs by reversing wires or connecting them to power for reals.

Thanks. I’ve checked power to the unit and about everything else I could think of. After a bunch of troubleshooting with the Raymarine Tier 2 techs, I’ve decided to send the unit to Raymarine for further investigation. Sure wish they had some regional service centers.

Back
Top Bottom