Interphase Twinscope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skag

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Chrysalis
Vessel Make
2006 Metal Craft Marine 50' Trawler
Do any of you guys have feedback or experience on an Interphase Twinscope sonar? I’ve got one, but don’t trust it and am struggling for it to give me any useful / reliable info. The boat came with it and I would like to know if it is worth ironing out the bugs and getting it dialed in or just replacing it with a traditional sounder.

I had one when they first came out -- very poor as a conventional FF (but since I had a separate FF, I used that instead, except for "scanning"). So, if you don't have a conventional FF, you absolutely need one. As far as scanning goes, it is better than nothing, but not much.

I had one and it was just OK looking foreward.

Not good, not bad, just OK. You were limited to just a couple times the water depth in the foreword direction which made it difficult to use for actual cruising.

It was incapable of seeing a log in the water ahead of you.

My transducer became inoperative about a year into using it, and thast was about the time they got bought out, so there was no support.

Thank you guys. I’ll pull mine off and install the furuno sounder/GPS Plotter I just bought in it’s place rather than fuss with it.

I had one and it was just OK looking foreward.

Not good, not bad, just OK. You were limited to just a couple times the water depth in the foreword direction which made it difficult to use for actual cruising.

It was incapable of seeing a log in the water ahead of you.

My transducer became inoperative about a year into using it, and thast was about the time they got bought out, so there was no support.

Good input. I have one on my new-to-me boat and am underwhelmed. I pretty much have figured out that I would more easily spot a deadheat by looking out the window than looking at that screen! Good to have that validated. I'll leave it switched off till I need the space for something else.
~A

Back
Top Bottom