View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 03:35 PM   #70
Scottwb96

City: Burien
Vessel Name: Star Weird
Vessel Model: Camargue
Just a heads-up... You may want to start your own thread about questions for your boat...

Polishing your fuel can also be done yourself. Just need a diesel rated pump and some filters and hoses to run it all through... Unless you're looking to completely empty the tanks and for them to then clean them with some sort of a "flush", not sure what value paying someone else to circulate your fuel... Keeping up on your reg fuel filters should be more than adequate to "clean your fuel. Maybe add some tank additive to clean them and then replace filters as needed... Unless the fuel sits for long periods of time, it should be fine...

As far as wiring, for the most part they run up to the flybridge through the walls on each side of the boat. Go up top and look to the left right, you should see all the wiring going in/out. Those tubes were pretty full when I got the boat. I was able to find quite a bit of old unused wire that I could remove to make some room... Nothing for the "entertainment system" on my boat was stock and even if it was, I would not have used any sort of wiring harness to connect into... OLD wiring presents way too many "hmmm, what's causing "XYZ" to happen now?"

Your stove may or may not be able to be repaired, just depends on how much effort/money you want to put into it...
I replaced mine with a Force10 CERAMIC GLASS TOP 3 BURNER OVEN BROIL 120V. Heats up both the surface and oven VERY fast!!! Direct fit, slides right in... If your patient you may be able to find one used for 1/2 or less. I got lucky with mine. The guy I got mine from just bought his boat and was switching to gas. The previous owner had just put the Force10 in ~6 months prior. When I got it, it may have been used 1/2 dozen times, looked brand new! I think I paid around $400 or so for it (a STEAL!!!)...

Anyway, if you start a new thread, let me know and I'd be happy to jump on that one to answer any more questions that pop up for you...
Scottwb96 is offline   Reply With Quote