For Sale: DeFever 48 Trawler, 1982 CTF built.
Owned, operated and cruised solo for almost 8 years; she is truly setup for easy one person operation including docking. NOMAD has been religiously maintained and I hate to let her go but I am planning on spending most of the next decade overseas and sadly it makes the most sense to pass her along to a deserving new owner at this time. Currently docked in the Cocoa Beach area of Florida (nearly due east of Orlando). NOMAD has not been a boat for charter.
· Federally Documented Vessel
· Major interior remodel in 2013/2018
· 70,000 lb. gross, 24 bridge clearance, 16 beam, 4.7 draft
· Twin Ford Lehman 120 natural diesels, ZF-63 transmissions (2.48:1 ratio); < 6,000 hours on engines, < 3,000 on transmissions
· 24V, 6.5kW Bow thruster, dual stations and wireless pendant (both anchor & thruster)
· 3 cabins master has a walk-around queen, 2 full bathrooms, twin electric heads
· 11 Boston Whaler with new Mercury 4-stroke 15hp electric start engine; electric davit
· Paravane stabilized (very economical with only a 0.6 knot penalty @ 7 knots when deployed)
· 1,140 gal. fuel capacity (including a 140 gal. day-tank); ~3,400 mile range @ 5 knots; 4 fuel filters between each engine and main tanks; each Lehman burns ~0.9 gph @ 1,200 rpm @ 5 knots; (9.5knot max cruise)
· 7.7kW Westerbeake 3-phase 120/240V generator; burns ~0.882 gph under full 66Amp load
· Sixteen deep-discharge house batteries, 1,760Ah total!, (new 2019), 2 new bow thruster AGM batteries (new 2018); new gen & engine batteries (2019)
· 150 Amp house bank alternator plus 2, 45 Amp engine alternators
· Three 25W vhf radios w/DSC/Distress, 4 weather stations, 1 NOAA alert radio
· 2 Furuno Navnet 64 mile radar/chartplotters,
· OpenCPN chartplotter loaded with current NOAA charts and older Explorer charts (open-source program w/free chart updates), tied to 27 flybridge monitor with AIS plotting/tides/currents/etc.
· Class-B AIS transponder (transmit & receive), 4 depth finders (2 video), 3 compasses, Simrad AP-16 Autopilot, 5 GPS sources
· 2 Epirbs, fully stocked ditch-bag, 6-person life raft
· Current 2019 Coastguard safety inspection sticker
· 100W Yeasu FT-2000 SSB; covers all ham bands and weather fax reception; Shakespeare-393 antenna
· Secondary Kenwood R-5000 SSB receiver (as a backup for weather faxes/grib files etc.)
· 4 burner propane stove, convection/microwave oven, toaster oven, frig, deep sink w/garbage disposal, wine cooler, chest freezer
· 3 engine room cameras and 4th aft looking camera viewable from Flybridge, laptop or remote Phone app
· Digital engine/shaft temps/batteries/generator monitoring viewable from engine room & cameras
· 3 ProSine battery charges (6 outputs) and separate solar panel/wind generator controller/regulator
· Two 1,800W ProSine inverters (split loads, 30 Amp total)
· Both120 & 12V power/load monitoring; redundant surge suppressors, 4 GFIC circuits, 3.5Amp USB outlets
· 480W solar panels (new 2018) & 40 amp wind generator (100% self-sufficient at anchor if you use wisely)
· Automatic MOB engine kill system (good if you cruise solo!)
· Twin horns, electric and air
· 650W of outside 360⁰ LED spreader lighting
· Dual 60/65 lb. bow anchors with 200+200 3/8 BBB chain, stern anchor & 100 lb. hurricane anchor, over 200 of new hurricane rope in Lazarette
· Automatic engine room fire suppression
· Four blade, 26 bronze propellers, 1.75 shafts. Two spare props in the Lazarette.
· Wireless Wi-Fi network w/networked color HP laser printer and external Wave Wi-Fi range booster
· LED lighting throughout boat
· 3 reverse cycle aircon units (2, 12,000 Btu and 1, 16,000 Btu)
· New Petite bottom paint (12/2018)
· 500 gal. H2O capacity
· 20 gal. hot H2O heater
· 45 gal. holding tank
· Combination washer/dryer
· KVH-M1Trackvision satellite system (currently setup for DirectTV)
· 40 LCD TV in salon w/DVR
· Digital gun safe
· Complete engine room tool box, work bench and plenty of spares
· Both port & starboard dock connections, 50, 30+30, 30 and 15Amp adapters
· Magma SS propane barbeque grill.
· Burglar alarm, anchor alarm, freezer and frig temperature alarms
· 12 fenders w/4 dock-boards and an abundance of dock lines
· Enclosed flybridge, new Isinglass (2018)
· 2 Scuba tanks, BCs, wet gear and 80 hookah hoses (use either solo or hookah hooked)
· Detailed and fully documented maintenance log
· Complete operator and service manual sets including digital copies and detailed plumbing/electrical/black-water/engine/fuel/etc. diagrams/schematics
· Detailed 80 page operator/crew/visitors manual with mechanical/plumbing/electrical & operation details
Turnkey and ready to go as-is/as-seen; from charts to spares to fishing lures to water toys, she is ready to cruise! (normal personal items/kitchen stuff/EE test gear, misc. storage containers excluded).
Detailed photos and more information is available by contacting me at:
or call/text 703-683-2029
Priced at $169,000.00 o.b.o., surveyed at $190,000.00 in April 2017.
Buyer broker commissions considered.