Old 12-20-2019, 05:49 PM   #21

City: Palo Alto
Vessel Name: Ann-Elyse II
Vessel Model: North Pacific 45
I'm very sorry for your loss. Pets are family. You might consider getting a puppy and keeping the boat. I recently lost two cats within a couple months of each other. It's hard but it's amazing how a new family member will cheer you up. Especially when the young ones are so goofy.
Old 12-29-2019, 06:37 AM   #22
Guru

City: Szczecin
Vessel Name: Dryade
Vessel Model: Trawler 72
Thanks for your message, but we sold our "long-cours.62" who was perfect for our use, to take my old mother with us on a more comfortable boat,
after 3 hours on board she change idea and want come back to house... We keep this boat because she was use full for our old dog (back deck, salon, and kitchen same level) now without dog (except in imagination every where...) we must cut, change, after 3 month we still sad like the first day
Attached Thumbnails
100_1183.jpg   100_2035 - Copie.JPG  
Old 12-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #23
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
A dog experience in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by long-cours.62 View Post
Thanks for your message, but we sold our "long-cours.62" who was perfect for our use, to take my old mother with us on a more comfortable boat,
after 3 hours on board she change idea and want come back to house... We keep this boat because she was use full for our old dog (back deck, salon, and kitchen same level) now without dog (except in imagination every where...) we must cut, change, after 3 month we still sad like the first day
Checking into a hotel, as experienced German Shepherd (Bergerac Allemange?) owners we were not worried when the hotel GS dog ran full speed at us barking. We stood our ground, the aggression stopped, he became friendly. His tail was very short, we asked the owner why, he said: "One day my father was using a machine to cut the grass..",we stopped him there, that was enough information, we knew it would have hurt, dogs have nerves along the tail which is an extension of the spine. The dog was friendly during our time at the hotel.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:15 PM   #24
Guru

City: coos bay
Quote:
Thanks for your answer, but my boss oups sorry my wife said : "no more dog on boat"

Because we always lived on boat, and we like "big dog" Dryade was "old" for this bred but still apparently in good shape.
Some problem started with back leg, and the last days on board I had "back pain" my wife helped me, but, may be, we don't do right Dryade had an unknown spleen tumor probably we broken it at this moment ... She got surgery, resist two days , looking better ...and died. We made too much mistakes

The most painful moment in life is when a dear beloved friend leaves for another world.

He will always be with you.

God bless
Old 01-14-2020, 01:05 PM   #25
Guru

Reduced !

For prompt sale :
580.000us$ on as is where is basis
just remove one of the 20kw Kohler generator and replace by a smaller 9 kw Onan only 417 hour.
Attached Thumbnails
81464800_604549623638858_7867112246285959168_n (1).jpg   100_0940.jpg  
Old 02-14-2020, 02:58 AM   #26
Guru

Finally no customer

No customer for our trawler... too big ?
We continue to prepare her, after put a newer gen-set, we fix some solar panel now the total is 1200 w for service batteries, 200 w for keep engine starting batteries and 100 w for generator batteries.
Anyway still for sale, but if no customer before the end of March ...we will move with her, no choice.
Before yesterday I made some varnish and one nice ...hair of my dog come , I don't know from where to the varnish... and the varnish was devasted by ...my tear :-(

Now with the evolution of the rate between us$ and € the price in us$ is 540k usd
Attached Thumbnails
100_2161.jpg   100_2162.jpg  
Old 05-14-2020, 06:51 AM   #27
Guru

Finally

don't start at the end of March because the covid19 arrive 2 week too early
and we was confined before the end of March

Still for sale, for all the reason already said.
My wife clearly want a smaller BOAT ! A smaller boat

Something like our former long-cours62 or even more simple, basic.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:47 AM   #28
Guru

City: Seattle
LC, why do you say the 72 is too large and you would prefer the 62? There really isn't that big a difference in size. Since your boats seem to be very long and lean, the difference in volume and maintenance is likely linear, not cubed, if you know what I mean. Anyway, just curious.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:06 PM   #29
Guru

May be it is not only linear

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobuilders View Post
LC, why do you say the 72 is too large and you would prefer the 62? There really isn't that big a difference in size. Since your boats seem to be very long and lean, the difference in volume and maintenance is likely linear, not cubed, if you know what I mean. Anyway, just curious.

Because the :
62' is 5.03 m beam the 72' is 5.9m it means to large for some lock
62' is 3.18m air draft the 72' is (with arch down !) 4.95m to high for go in some place
62' displacement is 32t the 72' is 58t to heavy for some travel lift

62' draft is 1.30m the 72' is 1.65m lot of nice place we like no are "closed" by this only 0,40m

The surface, for example to paint anti-fouling is around 40% more.

For this beamier , heavier (but ok longer at wl) to navigate at 9.8kts we need the double of liter per nm (ok Long-cours62 is "exceptional" i, consumption ).
We don't need 4 double cabin, 4 shower/toilet, around 38m2 at deck saloon/kitchen/wheelhouse), 2 aircon, two gensets, two too big engine etc etc

For my mother ( my wife said for the dog because for the "mother in law ....) she was perfect .
For the dog also but now no need.
The problem is : now we are too old to built a new "long-cours62" and it is difficult to find a boat who fulfill what we want ...or very very expansive ...
Old 05-14-2020, 08:36 PM   #30
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: I apologize in advance but must ask this. You don't need to answer here but just to yourself.

Before the death of your dog, did you feel this way about this boat? Would you be doing this anyway?

Don't you think over time instead of grieving when you get on the boat, you might find yourselves smiling as you remember your beautiful dog aboard and as memories flash by? You think your dog is now thinking "sell the boat" or more inclined to in his afterlife think "don't you dare sell the boat I loved."

Just be careful of a decision made too early in the time of grieving. My heart reaches out to you, hoping each day is just 1% better or even 0.1%.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #31
Guru

@BandB

After near 300 days I fill it was (at best) 0.01% per day...
Old 07-21-2020, 11:36 AM   #32
Guru

Quote:
@BandB

After near 300 days I fill it was (at best) 0.01% per day...
Wifey B: I'd recommend counseling if it hasn't improved in a year. I do point out though that even your .01% per day is now 3% better. Wish you the best in moving forward.
Old 10-10-2020, 01:21 PM   #33
Guru

Finally no customer ...we start moving ...slowly, sadly ...but moving.
And stay in isolated place.
Attached Thumbnails
100_2258.jpg   100_2260 (2).jpg  
Old 10-10-2020, 02:21 PM   #34
Guru

City: Pender Harbour, BC
Vessel Name: Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Model: Custom Aluminum 52
Your boat is gorgeous! We lost a piece of our family too but it gets better. I always tell anyone who will listen to "do nothing" for a year after a bad loss, your perspective will change after the really bad grieving is past...

Bear up, it gets better.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:30 AM   #35
Guru

After all this time...

Finally after all this time we still so sad ...
We got one man probably interested... if from the actual price (495k€)we discount the value of a new paint job ( 80k€) and a new teak deck (side and aft deck 45k€) (we already remove the original one)...
It's mean let go this 72' boat for 370k€ max...
If we agree I could thanks my mother for this very bad operation
Less than 7 € per kg
Attached Thumbnails
Dryade Polonais.jpg   100_2055.jpg  
Old 12-15-2020, 01:55 PM   #36
Guru

Quote:
Finally after all this time we still so sad ...
We got one man probably interested... if from the actual price (495k€)we discount the value of a new paint job ( 80k€) and a new teak deck (side and aft deck 45k€) (we already remove the original one)...
It's mean let go this 72' boat for 370k€ max...
If we agree I could thanks my mother for this very bad operation
Less than 7 € per kg
Wifey B: Perhaps this should tell you something, that you're just not meant to part with it. You can punish yourself all you want, but it won't relieve the grief.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:49 AM   #37
Guru

City: Biloxi, MS
Vessel Name: Cajun Rose
Vessel Model: Biloxi Lugger
Maybe you should take the money and buy a dirt home, grief like yours over a pet might be better served without the added stress of a boat (maintence and upkeep)
Old 12-16-2020, 06:11 AM   #38
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampu View Post
Maybe you should take the money and buy a dirt home, grief like yours over a pet might be better served without the added stress of a boat (maintence and upkeep)
I already take pill against high blood pressure the doctor was surprised than I could "survive" with this (very) high pressure.

The "minimum" was already very high for a maximum :-)
For me boat it is not a stress it is my normal life ( professional sailor at 15, and lived in our boat during 40 years).
Old 12-16-2020, 12:52 PM   #39
Guru

City: coos bay
Quote:
I already take pill against high blood pressure the doctor was surprised than I could "survive" with this (very) high pressure.

The "minimum" was already very high for a maximum :-)
For me boat it is not a stress it is my normal life ( professional sailor at 15, and lived in our boat during 40 years).

I know the feeling only to well. Just keep in mind he/she is in a better place than we are now and someday God willing you will be together again. Tears me up much worse than when a person passes on and I don't know why.

Best wishes
B
Old 12-16-2020, 11:22 PM   #40

City: Kalama, WA
Vessel Name: "Restitution"
Vessel Model: 38' Californian
Maybe it’s just me? Idk. Most of us have had dogs we love and miss them when their gone. But they are just dogs. Not children who have died, sometimes young and tragically of war, famine, cancer, etc. A dog dying is sad but certainly a first world problem. I’m sure she had a great life with you. I see in your last missive that you are pragmatically selling the boat. Good for you. Our best to you.