• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

42' Ocean Alexander Sedan for Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
2006 42' OA Sedan....Hard top, twin 440 Yanmars, $350Kprobably the cleanest & best equipped OA 42 on the west coast. She's slipped in San Diego and is in excellent shape! Here's an equipment list and some photos:Just click on my avatar to see more pics in one of my albums. PM me if serious.

Attachments

• Sandpiper Equipment list and price.png
    Sandpiper Equipment list and price.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 399
  • OA 42 Sedan.jpg
    OA 42 Sedan.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 486
  • Salon.jpg
    Salon.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 457
  • galley.jpg
    galley.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 429
  • NEW PANEL 3.jpg
    NEW PANEL 3.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 403
  • Tacklle Center.jpg
    Tacklle Center.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 379
  • 10.4 Achillies Center consol w:20hp Honda.jpg
    10.4 Achillies Center consol w:20hp Honda.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 383
More photos

Just click on my avatar to see more pics in one of my albums. PM me if serious.
Photos of questions I've been asked.:banghead:

Attachments

• Sandpiper stern.jpg
    Sandpiper stern.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 310
  • MFD Info in Salon.jpg
    MFD Info in Salon.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Racors.jpg
    Racors.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 261
Sorry & shocked to see you're selling...especially after that fantastic tool storage project! I lust after such tool storage...but then I would have to be able to afford a boat large enough carry it...

Sorry & shocked to see you're selling...especially after that fantastic tool storage project! I lust after such tool storage...but then I would have to be able to afford a boat large enough carry it...
Thanks, Scott! It's definitely one of the things I like best about Sandpiper! You no longer have to go down in the lazarette to look for tools for a quick project.:dance:

Attachments

• Cockpit cabinet, tackle center, tool chest?.jpg
    Cockpit cabinet, tackle center, tool chest?.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Used as a tool chest..jpg
    Used as a tool chest..jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 232
2006 42' OA Sedan....Hard top, twin 440 Yanmars, $350Kprobably the cleanest & best equipped OA 42 on the west coast. She's slipped in San Diego and is in excellent shape! Here's an equipment list and some photos:Just click on my avatar to see more pics in one of my albums. PM me if serious.

What????

You haven't enjoyed the boat long enough, yet!

:)

-Chris

What????

You haven't enjoyed the boat long enough, yet!
It's a great boat and I love it but family matters necessitate a change in my life. My wife has been ill for over a year and a half with no hope of improving and needs my close attention. She was my only crew and cannot continue those duties.

Someone is going to get a great cruising boat!

It's a great boat and I love it but family matters necessitate a change in my life. My wife has been ill for over a year and a half with no hope of improving and needs my close attention. She was my only crew and cannot continue those duties.

Someone is going to get a great cruising boat!

Very sorry to hear. Fair winds...

Looks like a great boat.

-Chris

Very sorry to hear of your wife's failing health. Have followed your threads on all the boat projects you've undertaken to make her your pride and joy. You are truly a very dedicated owner! Somebody is going to get a wonderful cruising vessel (more than a boat). Hope it happens quickly as parting with her has to be tough.

Ted

But the general conclusion of "that other thread" was don't even think of hanging it up until 90....or after!

Seriously, I'm so sorry to read about your wife's failing health. I'm sure this consumes a lot of time and mental effort. Therefore, you absolutely NEED access to a diversion. There are so many possibilities out there for arranging temporary crew for when you are able to get away.

Give your wife our best. Sorry to hear of the illness. Hope it turns out in the best way possible.

Somebody is going to get a wonderful cruising vessel (more than a boat).
Thanks, Ted...you are spot on! She is more than just a boat! I want to point out that Sandpiper is in an LLC. That means (For those who don't know) that there is no sales or use tax to the buyer! Paperwork through a documentation service is $500 + $3,000.00 for a lawyer to transfer the LLC. I'll pick up both those fees!

I'm going to keep this as a private sale for a few more days. (Maybe a week?) Then I'm going to list it with a broker who I've already identified.

I'd really like some feedback from the Forum as to what you think is a negative about this boat, other than price. A 42' Sedan with a great cockpit and pathetically low hours (less than 400) with all the bells and whistles that Sandpiper has is worth it! If you were to buy a same length sport fisher or trawler new with all the gear that this boat Sandpiper has you would be looking at $700K-$1Mil.:blush:

I'd really like some feedback from the Forum as to what you think is a negative about this boat, other than price. A 42' Sedan with a great cockpit and pathetically low hours (less than 400) with all the bells and whistles that Sandpiper has is worth it! If you were to buy a same length sport fisher or trawler new with all the gear that this boat Sandpiper has you would be looking at $700K-$1Mil.:blush:

I really don't think you have any negatives. For a buyer looking for that size vessel and the speed it offers, I think you have an absolute winner. Your not going to convert someone with a decidedly different vision of what they want and for those that can't afford it, you can't change that either. Not finding a buyer here says nothing about your boat, but more reflects the average TF member's boating vision.

Ted

I'm sorry to hear your reason for selling. OTOH, it sounds as though you and your wife have a solid, caring partnership and so you are doing what's best for that. Kudos to you for realizing it and making the best of it.

I'd really like some feedback from the Forum as to what you think is a negative about this boat, other than price.

I say nothing! To me this is a dream boat, especially because, to my mind, you are buying both the boat and the previous owner. Both seem ideal.

To me the fault is with my boat budget, not your price. Someone is going to get a fantastic boat in beautiful condition.

(And I say that being more of a trawler or "slow boat" person; but seeing your boat and its features has made me realize that some of those "other" boats are darned nice! One view out those aft doors to the cockpit, or of your flying bridge and... swoon!)

Someone please buy it soon so that I can stop regretting I didn't concentrate harder on my career ;)

Nice boat....someone will be fortunate to have it.:thumb:

I'm sorry to hear your reason for selling. OTOH, it sounds as though you and your wife have a solid, caring partnership and so you are doing what's best for that. Kudos to you for realizing it and making the best of it.
I echo Frosty, on your commitment priorities; best of luck.
Only minus in my view and it only applies if moving it north, is apparent lack of a lower helm.

I echo Frosty, on your commitment priorities; best of luck.
Only minus in my view and it only applies if moving it north, is apparent lack of a lower helm.
soin2la, I understand your comment, especially when I see where you live. No lower helm was a requirement by me as when the dinghy is carried on the bow you can's see much out the windshield. We thought we would use a dinette more in that location and history has proven that out.

Thanks for responding!

Attachments

• IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 115
soin2la, I understand your comment, especially when I see where you live. No lower helm was a requirement by me as when the dinghy is carried on the bow you can's see much out the windshield. We thought we would use a dinette more in that location and history has proven that out.

I owned a Uniflit ACMY with no lower helm. For the type of boat, I echo Codger's explanation, especially with modern electronics where a lower helm can be emulated without much investment if someone desires (which would surprise me, but it is an option). An acquaintance cruised a similar Uniflite down the Mexico coastline as far as Puerto Vallarta and back and had a great time.

This appears to be a well maintained example of a fine boat with a knowledgeable owner. I wish he and his family well, and the eventual new-owner good luck. Looks like a fun boat to own - would be a blast to run out to Catalina or cruise the SoCal coast and beyond.

Peter

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you have to sell, Mr. Walt. Sandpiper is a beautiful ship, and anyone would be lucky to have her. Best wishes to you and Mrs. Codger, and good luck with the sale. I hope you'll still find time to grace us with your presence from time to time :flowers:

I echo Codger's explanation, especially with modern electronics where a lower helm can be emulated without much investment if someone desires (which would surprise me, but it is an option). Looks like a fun boat to own - would be a blast to run out to Catalina or cruise the SoCal coast and beyond.
Thanks for the kind words, Peter! You're right about creating a lower helm without breaking the bank. Modern electronics with bluetooth and WIFI make it possible to mirror the main helm at most anywhere on the boat for very little money.(i.e.) With a smart TV ($350 for my 43" samsung) and an old iPad ($??) for the WIFI transport from the bridge, except for throttle and shifter controls I can view and control anything I can see from the helm location. If I wanted throttle & shifters in the salon, since those controls are already on the boat, adding another station is a matter of running some wire & deciding where you want the controls at. I can't emphasize enough as to the options that are available with updated electronics.

I want to "Thank" everyone who commented on my boat as you have generated over 40 readers. (Not all from TF members but also from those that just drop by TF for a look!)

Attachments

• Glass helm.jpg
    Glass helm.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 84
  • Fuel management.jpg
    Fuel management.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 89
  • 6 year old iPad.jpg
    6 year old iPad.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Possible Addition.jpg
    Possible Addition.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Smart TV.jpg
    Smart TV.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Dinette:Nav Statin (With iPad).jpg
    Dinette:Nav Statin (With iPad).jpg
    104 KB · Views: 86
Your not going to convert someone with a decidedly different vision of what they want and for those that can't afford it, you can't change that either. Not finding a buyer here says nothing about your boat, but more reflects the average TF member's boating vision.
Ted, thanks for the input. IMHO, I think the last sentence of your post is right on! I love this forum but most of its members have no desire for my type of boat! After all, this is a Trawler Forum!:banghead:

Walt is a long time mariner who is a class guy to boot. His boat reflects this. Somebody will get a great vessel. Good luck Walt and be patient.

Walt is a long time mariner who is a class guy to boot. His boat reflects this. Somebody will get a great vessel. Good luck Walt and be patient.
Thanks. Tom. I am patient and if I don't get my price, I'll keep it! :thumb:

Sandpiper is now listed with James Johnson, an excellet broker and an OA owner. He can be reached at: jim@chuckhoveyyachts.com or (619)784-9002. Price has been reduced to $325K Ads on Yachtworld with drone videos to follow.

Attachments

• Sandpiper 2.jpg
    Sandpiper 2.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Sandpiper.jpg
    Sandpiper.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 100
Thanks. Tom. I am patient and if I don't get my price, I'll keep it! :thumb:
Well, I got my price and the boat is scheduled for sea trial and survey.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 5.57.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 5.57.45 PM.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 5.59.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 5.59.05 PM.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 78
  • ER.jpg
    ER.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 80
That didn’t take long.
Great success!!!

Congratulations and condolences. Very best of luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom