Old 03-20-2020, 01:15 PM   #1

City: Fort Collins
2005 Nordic Tug 42 for sale

Having completed the Loop, 'tis time to return to Colorado and look after aging parents. So, "Joy Girl" is ready for her next captain & crew:

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...gs-42-3661903/

As her captain the last three years, I would love to introduce you to “Joy Girl”, our 2005 Nordic Tug 42. Joy Girl has been our home away from home the past two and a half years as we traveled America’s Great Loop, and in all that time and all those miles, I didn’t see one boat I’d rather have had.

The heart and soul of this boat is her amazing pilot house. High, forward, and with a ship-like centerline helm, this is where I spent the majority of our time underway. But Joy Girl also has a flybridge directly above the pilot house, giving the captain and crew a view taller than most 50 footers. With seating for 6, this is the place to be when the weather is nice, and is my preferred position from which to dock the boat (the wireless headsets that come with the boat make life especially good during “the greatest test of a marriage”.)

With a separate U shape galley adjoining the salon, the cook has lots of work space while never having to be away from the guests. The propane stove and oven are perfect for quiet, genset free nights on the hook in peaceful anchorages, and the 3000W pure inverter will keep all your electronic gadgets charged and running smoothly.

The master cabin features a centerline queen bed, his and hers lighted hanging lockers,8 drawers, 6 cabinets, and a large locker under the bed for almost limitless storage. The private, en suite head with full shower is more than adequate, and has multiple storage cabinets as well.

Guests live large as well, with a settee that converts to a full size berth. We added a memory foam topper to the mattresses for an even more comfy night’s sleep. Guests also have their own head, complete with shower. When friends and family are not aboard, we find this makes an excellent day head, as it allows easy communication with the bridge should anything unexpected occur while underway.

Joy Girl has been a wonderful boat for us for many other reasons. She’s a good looking boat, drawing looks and compliments everywhere she goes She’s comfortable in any reasonable sea, comfortable inside and out, and very well built. The only reason we are letting her go is that we have three aging parents to help (two in their 90’s) and a cat whose health is not helped by the stress he feels being on a boat. If not for that, we would be looking forward to many more years on this wonderful vessel. And if you’re blessed to be her next captain, I’m sure you’ll enjoy her every bit as much as we have!

Located Hilton Head, South Carolina
Price: $385,000.00

Tags
flybridge, nordic tugs, pilothouse, trawler, tug