• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

1989 Ocean alexander 440, Green Bay, WI $175,000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

Guru
Vessel Make
OA 440
This aft cabin, sundeck with cockpit boat is currently in heated storage at the very back of the building. It won't be emerging until Spring. We reside in Texas for the majority of the year. So, this is a very preliminary heads up. Amazing Grace WILL be sold when the ice clears on Lake Michigan (or sooner if someone wants to buy it where it sits). I have unanticipated health issues and both my wife, and I are getting on in years. This is a "by owner" sale at the moment. Access to the storage building and the boat can be arranged for viewing prior to Spring launch. $175,000. Contact via PM. Please, no brokers.

. DSCN1747 (3).jpg

boat haulout.jpg

boat xport4.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

DSCN1693.jpg

IMG_4239 (1).jpg

IMG_4629.jpg

History. This is hull number 22 of an estimated 90 boats in the 44' OA series. It was imported by Irwin Yachts of Portland and used as the family boat and a demonstrator model. All available upgrades at the time (larger diameter SS handrails, for example) are installed. I spoke with Jim irwin's son who recalls a couple of trips to the San Juans as a boy. Irwin eventually sold the boat to an owner in Seattle who kept it on Lake Washington. It changed hands one other time before the fourth owner purchased it in about 2002. He had it trucked to Lake Travis outside Austin, Texas where he used it primarily as a dock condo in a covered marina. The air conditioning units were installed at that time. We purchased the boat in 2004 and had it trucked to Green Bay. The fly bridge was purposely NOT removed for either overland relocation. To my knowledge this is the only 440 remaining on the Great Lakes, and one of a handful east of the Mississippi. It has been a fresh water boat most of its life (and inside a heated storage building for half its life).

General Mechanical Specification. 44' on deck length. 47' OAL. Beam 14'2". 3.5' draft. 300 gallons fuel. 150 gallons fresh water. 60 gallons black water (2 holding tanks). Engines Detroit 8.2 (1530 hours). Genset Onan 8KW (656.2 hours). Fresh Rotella T6 oil/filters on all three engines. All engines start and run perfectly..no smoke, No leaks.

Hull: Efficient Ed Monk designed semi-displacement hull. Epoxy barrier coat after blister repair in 2005. Bottom paint is excellent. New aluminum anodes throughout (September 2022). New cutless bearings and stuffing box tubes 2006. Props trued and balanced 2007.

Gelcoat is excellent. Diamond non-skid on fore deck painted with Interlux Perfection a few years ago. Windscreen glass rebedded and all metal frames refinished. NO leaks. Venturi acrylic on flybridge replaced with UV treated Lexan. Interlux Perfection Plus on cockpit cap rail. New tracks and rollers for both sliding cabin doors. Burmese Golden Teak Interior is unmolested and arguably the best of any 440 in existence.

Electronics. Radar, auto pilot, 2 GPS units, 2 VHF, portable VHF, depth finder. Basic, but 100% functional.

Miscellaneous. Upgrades, replacements and maintenance events are endless (and recorded). Here's a partial list....new flybridge and interior upholstery (2010 time frame), new bimini, custom mattresses, all new faucets, black water hoses converted to solid PVC pipe. Fresh water flush heads. No odors on this boat. Battery banks converted to dedicated house/ start configuration. Manuals for every item on the boat including original Ocean Alexander manuals.

Spares: Engine and MG 502 transmission plus a complete overhaul kit for Detroit 8.2 (in Texas). Spares on the boat include starter, alternator, fresh water engine pump, raw water pump, engine fuel pump, hydraulic prop puller. Complete tool complement for setting Detroit 8.2 injectors....much more

Nick Jackson Davit. Avon dink with Suzuki 15 four stroke (miniscule operating hours).

Truly a turn-key boat that's ready to cruise (or use as a very comfortable dock condo). Best of all configurations in our opinion.

Last edited:
...it's heading to a brokerage shortly. PM me for details.

Beautiful boat. I wish I wasn't 18 - 24 months away from purchasing. Good luck with your sale!

Anyone interested in this boat should contact me before contacting the broker. Either use the PM function or email at bittersc@netzero.net (Bitter SC was a limited production German sportscar....I'm not bitter...yet). Thanks

Last edited:
Brokerage told to reduce price $25,000...now $159,900 (Check the revised Yacht World listing).

My spouse and I will be in Green Bay by early May. If anyone wants to tour the boat and inspect/survey the bottom while it's still blocked in the storage building, mid-May would be the ideal time. I'll be on site to answer questions. If interested in making an offer thereafter, the boat could be launched almost immediately for a follow-on sea trial. PM me with questions or if you want to coordinate a visit. Thanks.

boatarcadia.jpeg

Last edited:
I love upper Midwest boats- barn stored all winter really abates the aging process. 1500 hours on engines.....looks like a fine example of a fine boat that's fairly priced.

Surprised a boat this size can be easily trucked but obviously has been (twice).

Rufus - not sure policy, but you may want to contact moderators to see if Subject title can be changed to reflect new price.

Peter

We'll begin moving our things off the boat on May 1. It should be ready to launch for a sea trial around May 15. Perfect time to look at this boat. Price is at $159,900. This is not a high hour, sun baked, clapped out Florida loop boat.

....still scheduled to be at the boat for the month of May. Come look, make an offer, do a sea trial toward the end of the month. Check out Wisconsin's beautiful Door County before the summer throngs invade.

We're moved off the boat. Changed fuel filters, new belts, adjusted rudder and prop shaft stuffing boxes, installed new "Y" valve for forward head, new raw water pump impellors, belts, scrubbed down exterior deck carpets, comprehensive interior cleaning, new anodes, rebuilt aft head pump, dinghy clean up, new State registration stickers (the boat is Coast Guard documented). Spares are sorted and stored. "Amazing Grace" is ready for a new owner to move aboard. Somebody is going to get a lot of boat for a little money...less than the value of my old Jaguar...which strikes me as just crazy. It could be splashed and sea trialed later next week. Until that happens it will be stored inside the well-lighted warehouse.

ext 2.jpg

Last edited:
The boat is under contract. Still time to get in line with backup offers....

Boat sold

Sold in spite of the pathetic broker at Centre Point Yacht Center in Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin. PM me if you want details on this low life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom