• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

2006 Mainship 34T, 199,900

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonW28

Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 34T
[FONT=&quot]Manufacturer: Mainship
Year, Model, Length: 2006 Mainship 34T
Price: $199,900
[FONT=&quot]
Contact via PM please if a serious buyer.

The Mainship 34T J-Bear is offered for sale by owner. This is a well-cared for Mainship and is a perfect cruising boat for the Loop. As we posted earlier here on the forum we were going to decide if we were going to keep this boat or leave boating entirely. My age, a health issue and our other projects dictate that now is the time. The boat is moored at the naval base in Key West and MUST BE REMOVED WHEN SOLD unless the buyer has military base access and can obtain a transit slip here. There are other mooring opportunities in Key West. We are available to assist in moving the boat to a new home so long as it is not north of VA/MD or west of Mobile. If we wanted to go on long cruises we would not be selling it LOL. We realize that KW isn’t the easiest location to reach but with the market the way it is right now then buyers have to decide if they want a very popular model boat for a fair price. There are much worse places for a cruise than the Keys. Please. Please. Please. If you are not a serious buyer then respect my time. We are not interested in trades for anything and will not finance under any circumstances. J-Bear is currently on the hard getting a new dripless shaft seal system installed and should be back in the water around 1/6/22. I will get some engine room, galley and berth photos when the boat is back in the marina. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Basic Boat Info:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Boat Name: J-Bear
Make: Mainship
Model: 34 Trawler
Year: 2006
Condition: Used
Category: Power
Construction: Fiberglass
Has Hull ID: Yes

[FONT=&quot]Significant Features:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Single helm model. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Full engine and generator service to include raw water systems and new hoses in 2020. Oil/filters/zincs etc. changed 12/21.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]9 Foot AB Dinghy w/ 15 HP Tohatsu Electric start outboard with Sea Wise Davit System. Under 25 hours use. Installed August 2021.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]New bottom paint June 2021. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]All new batteries (house and start) 07/21 (Flooded Lead Acid)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bow and Stern Thrusters[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New topside cushions and new queen mattress 2020. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]New windless, rode, chain and Mantus anchor 2020.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dimensions[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Length Overall-38.83ft Beam-14.25ft Height Approx. 19ft. Mast lowered 17ft.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dry Weight- approx. 20,000lb[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tanks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fresh Water Tank-70 gal Fuel Tank-250 gal Holding Tank-34 gal [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Accommodations[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cabins-1 Heads-1 Cabin Headroom: 6' 6” [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Main Salon[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Serta Fouton (new 2021) that converts to a berth[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Flatscreen TV[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Space saving recliner[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Stereo/DVD player[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Coffee table with opening top for dining[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Galley and Stateroom[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Corian countertops[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Sink with pressurized hot and cold water[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2-burner cooktop electric[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]9 in 1 multi-purpose oven[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Dual-voltage refrigerator/freezer[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Ample storage[/FONT]
· Queen-sized centerline berth with custom mattress and storage under

• [FONT=&quot]Two wardrobe lockers[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Two opening ports[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Overhead hatch with screen and privacy shade[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Dedicated AC system with heat[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Head[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Corian countertop with storage under[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Sink with pressurized hot and cold water[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Electric vacuflush head[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Holding tank waste gauge[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Very large standup shower with seat[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deck[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Upper Deck[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Rail mounted Weber grill[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]3 forward-facing helm chairs[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]3 benches with new (2020) cushions[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Foldable table[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Full suite of nav instruments, VHF, autopilot, stereo[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Fully enclosed helm in good condition with clear glass. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Windlass[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]22 Kg Mantus w/ chain and rode[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Raw water washdown[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Fresh water hot & cold shower[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Dual 30A inlets[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]AB 9 foot RIB with bow locker, handheld VHF, and cover[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Tohatsu 15HP Electric start outboard with battery (under 25 hours)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Sea Wise davits rigged so the transom door can still be used with the dinghy in the davits[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Electronics & Helm[/FONT]
Electronics (Raymarine 80, Furuno depth, auto pilot, radio) are all functional but dated. I fully intended to replace them until we cruised the boat over 1000 miles using an iPad as the primary navigation source. Upgrades will have to wait for the new owner. I was very happy after actually using them with what was on the boat.
[FONT=&quot]Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]370 HP Yanmar 6LYA-STP (approx 1132 hours)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Sidepower bow and stern thrusters[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Kohler Generator with 1235 hours[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Oil change system for main engine and generator[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]New fresh water pump (2021)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Macerator[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]4 bilge pumps [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Raw water washdown system[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Dual 30-amp shorepower connections w/ twin 50 foot cables[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Dual isolation transformers[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]New dripless shaft system 01/22[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures

Pictures

Attachments

• Boat1.jpg
    Boat1.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Boat2.jpg
    Boat2.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Boat3.jpg
    Boat3.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Boat4.jpg
    Boat4.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Boat5.jpg
    Boat5.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Boat6.jpg
    Boat6.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Boat7.jpg
    Boat7.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 91
J-Bear is back in the water with her new PSS shaft seal installed. I've added a couple more photos. We obviously aren't marketing the boat very hard and have not listed it anywhere but here yet. Mostly that is because we have limited availability right now to show the boat due to medical appointments. I figured a serious TF member that wanted the boat would be a bit more understanding and patient than someone off the street. We are hoping around mid-February to be able to market her more aggressively. Don

Attachments

• Berth.jpg
    Berth.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Galley.jpg
    Galley.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 44
  • PSS Shaft Seal.jpg
    PSS Shaft Seal.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 44
Sorry to hear about your medical situation, hoping for full recovery.

You mentioned a single-helm version, not sure that I've seen that. So there is no helm at all in the salon?

Thank you

Sorry to hear about your medical situation, hoping for full recovery.

You mentioned a single-helm version, not sure that I've seen that. So there is no helm at all in the salon?

Thank you

That is correct. No inside helm. We have had two boats now without them, this one on purpose, as we never used them. Not sure if that would work in the PNW or Maine but in the southern U.S. we have never wished for an inside helm. Plus there are curtains now and outside covers on the windows.

Don

Thanks for the confirmation. I have seen a lot of cruisers with just the flybridge helm but just hadn't seen a single helm Mainship 34. Thanks again

I never knew they made such a model. I'd love to see the helm area interior and exterior. Did they leave the sliding door at the helm? What is there, just a really tall counter?

Helm Area

Here is a picture. Great storage on top or a place to collect junk depending on your definition LOL. We are glad to have the extra place to put stuff and sorry for the clutter but we are on the boat right now. Hinged door to SB is behind the recliner so we don't use it. But it is there if you need it.

Don

Attachments

• Helm in Salon.jpg
    Helm in Salon.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for the picture. Looks like basically the same cabinet as the dual-helm version just without the wheel and instrument box on top.

34 mainship

Wife and I are in the market for 34 or 39 Mainship Trawler... live in Charleston. Any additional pics? Age of Electronics? Any additional upgrades last few years? Honestly, no lower helm may or may not be a concern... never thought about pluses and/or minuses. My email is included.

Wishing you the best...

Thanks,

Richard Frampton
Richarda.frampton@gmail.com

Amazing looking boat! Almost a perfect fit for what I'm looking for. Just so far away from home for me....

Thanks for the compliment. I guess you could do a partial loop and get it home. Maybe you will get lucky and find one that someone in the area that is finishing up the loop. Too far for me to deliver it since I'd be divorced if I took the time :):).

Don

You're right, that would be about half the loop - which sounds fun. But I'm not quite ready for that yet.
Yes, do try to avoid a divorce. I hear that costs even more than a boat..... :)

Some additional pictures. Price has some negotiation room until we move the boat to Fort Meyers and list it with a broker. Use the $$ you could save to cruise the keys!!

Don

Attachments

• Closet.JPG
    Closet.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Electrical Box.JPG
    Electrical Box.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Engine 1.JPG
    Engine 1.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Engine 2.JPG
    Engine 2.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 24
  • Engine 3.jpg
    Engine 3.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Engine 4.JPG
    Engine 4.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Engine 5.JPG
    Engine 5.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Engine 6.JPG
    Engine 6.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Galley.jpg
    Galley.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 19
  • Head Sink.JPG
    Head Sink.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 16
And some more.

Attachments

• Recliner.JPG
    Recliner.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Salon Doors.JPG
    Salon Doors.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 18
  • Shower.JPG
    Shower.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Sink Area.JPG
    Sink Area.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Table and TV.JPG
    Table and TV.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Stove Top.JPG
    Stove Top.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 17
Under contract. Thanks for looking everyone.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom