Cabinet lever latch direct replacement for Greenline 39

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C. Monaghan

Vessel Name
Electra
Vessel Make
2019 Greenline 39, #40
When we purchased our used Greenline 39, there was a lever latch missing from one of the overhead storage cabinets in the forward master cabin. I found a direct replacement for those latches and ordered three, thinking we’d have a couple spares.

When we made delivery of the boat from Annapolis, MD to Morgan, NJ, we found that both the door for the refrigerator and the drawer beneath the microwave would violently open and close in rough seas or when waked. They both have different styles of latches. So those two latches were quickly put to use to prevent that from happening. The addition of those latches has worked.

If you also need to add latches, and would like for them to match the others, here’s where I found them:
https://qualitysupply.com/sugatsune-bcts-85j-stainless-steel-adjustable-tension-catch-89.html

We had the refrigerator door problem from the very beginning. Asked the factory about it and at the time (I think it was around 2011), they had no solution on the boats they were delivering. They recommended the following (!) https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/undvika-multi-latch-white-50349069/

And so, we did this until we could find something a bit more "professional". They worked well. So well, in fact, that finding a better solution seems to have been de-prioritized to the extent that I've forgotten to look for one.

Your post reminds me to resume my search. I will take a closer look at what you suggest.

In any event, I've included this $4 Ikea solution here for those that might be interested in it as a temporary solution until they find/acquire a better solution.

Edit: The product name, "Undvika" is the verb "to avoid" in Swedish. Apt name.

Last edited:
Alternative solution for refrigerator closure

We had the same issue on our 39. We went this direction: Perko 1287DP1CHR Cabin Door Hook - 2"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 12.44.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 12.44.53 PM.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 13
Some clever solutions! It seems absurd that this manufacturer has been producing boats with many clever, well-designed and well-engineered features for years, but continues to miss some of the basics like this.

Back
Top Bottom