2021 Duffy/Cuddy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Well, since this thread is the closest thing to my current project, I thought I'd update those who are interested. Most TFers know that I've had diesel powered boats for years and I just got tired of crawling around the ER, changing filters & zincs, taxes & high insurance & slip fees.

On 11/19/2020 my new Duffy 22' Cuddy was delivered to San Diego. It was really late that afternoo and i proceeded about 1.5 miles in the dark to my slip on Shelter Island. After making 1 wrong turn into a neighboring marina I finally found my marina, docked and tied up. Running with the red lights and nav lights was great and the steering (power rudder) was almost too responsive. I took the boat out 7 times before the name ("Circuit Breaker") was applied and the longest outing so far was 2 hours. Since arriving I've spent a lot of time understanding the electrical drive system, inverter that powers 3 additional outlets, refrigerator (Isotherm that was set too cold) and the head which has 3 diodes (Green, yellow & Red) that indicate the capacity status of the holding tank. I also installed a small HD TV (not smart) with a low cost digital antenna. I get about 25 channels which includes ABC, CBS, NBC & Fox. (Also a ton of crystal clear Mexican channels.) I've had the Duffy Care service which includes interior cleaning (windows included) and a thorough washing of the boat's exterior plus bottom cleaning every month for a yearly cost of $1,899.00. So far my duties are to keep beer and fresh water in the frig for interested lookers.:D

So far, I'm ecstatic!!!

Here are a few shots of the boat.

Attachments

• 3:4 view.jpg
    3:4 view.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Applying the name.jpg
    Applying the name.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Circuit Breaker.jpg
    Circuit Breaker.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 18
  • Bow Shot.jpg
    Bow Shot.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Evening on the boat.jpg
    Evening on the boat.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 17
  • the Head.jpg
    the Head.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Night.jpg
    Night.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 18
  • TV.jpg
    TV.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
The boat looks to be very comfortable for it's intended purpose. I'm curious, do you have a covered slip? The boat seems like it would benefit from one between the interior finishes and the soft top.

Ted

The boat looks to be very comfortable for it's intended purpose. I'm curious, do you have a covered slip? The boat seems like it would benefit from one between the interior finishes and the soft top.

Ted
Nope! No covered slips in my area. It did rain last week and I was quite surprised to not find any leaks on the boat. When you consider that Newport Beach has about 3,000 Duffys in uncovered slips and Coronado CA has about 300, I'm not surprised. :oldman::angel:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 7.25.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 7.25.40 PM.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 21
A very fine looking boat, Walt. Congratulations!
It's amazing that they were still able to fit in a private v-berth, while still leaving all that nice space for cocktail cruises :)

The Duffy Care Service is a clever concept and seems to be quite reasonably priced.

A very fine looking boat, Walt. Congratulations!
It's amazing that they were still able to fit in a private v-berth, while still leaving all that nice space for cocktail cruises :)

The Duffy Care Service is a clever concept and seems to be quite reasonably priced.
Thanks, Scott & I agree with your v-birth statement although there certainly isn't enough room for an adult to grab a nap. The starboard settee, however measures 6 feet long and will suffice for an emergency nap. (IMO, It was the only model that had a quality head! which had a lot to do with my decision to buy the 22' Duffy/Cuddy.)

The Duffy Care program in San Diego has been great! Once a month the crew comes to the boat, vacuums the interior, cleans all the interior polycarbonate windows, washes down the exterior which includes special cleaning (polish) of the exterior windows and sends a diver over to do the bottom. The diver's duties also involve changing the propeller zinc if needed. BTW, that's the only zinc on the boat! My only duties are to keep the frig full of drinks, fill the fresh water tank, and have the holding tank pumped when it alerts me. (Empty, Half full and full) The only through hull on the boat is where the rudder post enters the aft hull. Head must be pumped when full as it can't be pumped over the side.

This is a lazy person's boat (or if you're going to be 80 like me in 2 months.)

I love it!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 8.11.01 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 8.11.01 AM.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18
This is a lazy person's boat (or if you're going to be 80 like me in 2 months.)

I love it!

Well. I finally made it to 80 & am enjoying the Duffy as planned!

Attachments

• Walt & Renee 3:21.jpg
    Walt & Renee 3:21.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 21
Congrats on the milestone, Walt!

Y’all are looking good! Congrats, and here’s to another 10 years at least!

Congrats Walt!

Congrats Walt!
Thanks, David! I can't believe I'm at this point in my life!

Renee suffered a small stroke about 2 years ago and has been physically & mentally challenged ever since. No paralysis, just balance & cognitive decline. Doesn't drive anymore & has a devil of a time remembering how to do the simplest of tasks that she has done for over 70 years. It's a sad thing to see.

Here is a photo taken by friends on our Duffy 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

• Walt & Renee.jpg
    Walt & Renee.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom