Vaccination passports

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
Mr. AZ. I think the red light analogy WAS directed toward 3 year olds...Just sayin.

It was. Right now there are lots of large three year old's going around whining "I don't wanna..." and "You can't make me...."

:)

Got it. That time.

But I still don't see how one proves "masking mandates have proven ineffective in slowing the spread of COVID."

Get Tommy and Marty to 'splain that one for me. :)

BTW, I take no position on whether masks have/have not worked. I've got no data, so therefore haven't got a clue.

-Chris
Imagine the the theme music to the "Twilight zone" while reading this.
You have a building that houses 100 people who seldom if ever leave, all negative. You have 50 staff and/or visitors who come and go, they must wear masks.
:eek: So how did most of the 100 get infected.
Rinse and repeat for the thousands of these places.
They can be care homes or jails, the numbers may vary.

It was. Right now there are lots of large three year old's going around whining "I don't wanna..." and "You can't make me...."
LOL This made my day!! Thank you for today's laugh and the reminder life is fun, especially if you are retired.

Time of year to "Wax On, Wax off!" A 48ft boat has a lot to wax.

Last edited:
:)

Got it. That time.

But I still don't see how one proves "masking mandates have proven ineffective in slowing the spread of COVID."

Get Tommy and Marty to 'splain that one for me. :)

BTW, I take no position on whether masks have/have not worked. I've got no data, so therefore haven't got a clue.

-Chris
Thanks, Chris. I think maybe we can close the loop after one more lap around this logic tree. You said: "But I still don't see how one proves masking mandates have proven ineffective in slowing the spread of COVID."
It is very simple.

We have areas (states, counties, cities, businesses, etc.) that enforce mask mandates. We have similar areas where no such mandates are in place. When you compare the two similar areas (again, by state, county, city, or even a business -- as long as you select areas that are similar in ways such as density, demographics, initial presence of COVID, other risk factors, etc.), there is no statistical difference in the spread of COVID in those places with the mandates vs similar areas where no such mandates are in place.

What does that tell you? It says the mandates are not proving to be effective. It is not saying the mandates are causing the spread -- a stupid premise. But it makes it extremely easy to see the mandates are not effective.

Again, we want them to be effective. It seems like they should be effective. It would be nice if they were effective. One year into this, though, there are countless examples that show they have not been effective.

Thanks, Chris. I think maybe we can close the loop after one more lap around this logic tree. You said: "But I still don't see how one proves masking mandates have proven ineffective in slowing the spread of COVID."
It is very simple.

We have areas (states, counties, cities, businesses, etc.) that enforce mask mandates. We have similar areas where no such mandates are in place. When you compare the two similar areas (again, by state, county, city, or even a business -- as long as you select areas that are similar in ways such as density, demographics, initial presence of COVID, other risk factors, etc.), there is no statistical difference in the spread of COVID in those places with the mandates vs similar areas where no such mandates are in place.

What does that tell you? It says the mandates are not proving to be effective. It is not saying the mandates are causing the spread -- a stupid premise. But it makes it extremely easy to see the mandates are not effective.

Again, we want them to be effective. It seems like they should be effective. It would be nice if they were effective. One year into this, though, there are countless examples that show they have not been effective.
Awesome post and down to earth. Not the "sky is falling" mentality. Thank you.

I'm still wondering, if masks don't inhibit spreading to others, why, for over 100 years, surgeons and nurses wear masks in hospital surgical rooms. Wondering again if all the mask deniers would want their surgeons not to bother wearing masks. Any of you mask deniers care to comment?
Asked and answered. Have you read this thread? If you care to read the thread you will see this has been addressed. Scroll up.

I'm not a mask denier, though, so perhaps your question was not directed at me. I do believe masks exist -- so not a mask denier. I do see data that clearly shows mask mandates and shutdowns/lock downs have not been effective at slowing the spread of COVID.

If you want to "follow the science" where is the randomized double blind study on the efficacy of the general public mask wearing reducing Covid spread? for that matter Hand washing for 20 seconds, or social distancing ( 6ft min ). These are actions that we take as being necessary to reduce the spread but perhaps correlation does not prove causation :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom