US Boaters Fined And Sent Back From Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY! Kevin Cortes, Uclulet Harbormaster gets a mention!

One of the nicest, most helpful people i have met on the water.

So, according to the article, only 3 boats have been fined, one that never made contact with CBP, one commercial whale watching vessel and one boat that lied about going to Alaska when it’s intent was cruising Canada. So what is prompting all these roomers of illegal Americans cruising in Canada?

So, according to the article, only 3 boats have been fined, one that never made contact with CBP, one commercial whale watching vessel and one boat that lied about going to Alaska when it’s intent was cruising Canada. So what is prompting all these roomers of illegal Americans cruising in Canada?

I suspect that's a limitation of the journalist's effort.

Lol only 3 boats? The big invasion of the Americans didn't happen? I can't wait for things to return back to sanity.

To me, the greater fear than the fine would be possibly being blacklisted and not allowed to return to Canada.

Or enough offenders to make the Canadians shut down transits between Washington and Alaska to recreational boaters.

To me, the greater fear than the fine would be possibly being blacklisted and not allowed to return to Canada.

Lol only 3 boats? The big invasion of the Americans didn't happen? I can't wait for things to return back to sanity.

“Invaders.” Ironically, that term has come to mind.

ASD, you should update your wardrobe, your sanctimony is showing.

How can you love BC waters so much and have such little respect for us at the same time?

Does your inability to travel up here, frustrate you to the point of blindness or are just being a thoughtless troll?

So what is prompting all these roomers of illegal Americans cruising in Canada?

Well, I’m no roomer, but I do know for every cockroach you see, there are multitudes you don’t.

Why are some of you so uptight about us wanting to protect OUR homeland, our families? Doesn’t that fly in the face of “a gun under every pillow”?

Have you not followed BruceK and read what happened in Victoria Province Australia, with two “invaders”?

Can I assume my words are wasted, in telling you COVID-19 arrived in another of our west coast Vancouver Island communities, this week?

Or enough offenders to make the Canadians shut down transits between Washington and Alaska to recreational boaters.
Thank you!

You calling someone else sanctimonious is humorous. You were looking for a chance to preach and decided to twist these folks comments out of context in my opinion.

Im sure everyone will be very careful to avoid any typos to avoid being subject of your adolescent ridicule.

ASD, you should update your wardrobe, your sanctimony is showing.

How can you love BC waters so much and have such little respect for us at the same time?

Does your inability to travel up here, frustrate you to the point of blindness or are just being a thoughtless troll?

Well, I’m no roomer, but I do know for every cockroach you see, there are multitudes you don’t.

Why are some of you so uptight about us wanting to protect OUR homeland, our families? Doesn’t that fly in the face of “a gun under every pillow”?

Have you not followed BruceK and read what happened in Victoria Province Australia, with two “invaders”?

Can I assume my words are wasted, in telling you COVID-19 arrived in another of our west coast Vancouver Island communities, this week?

Thank you!

Come to Florida these days....it's interesting to hear local opinions of our old snowbirding friends from Canada. (Oh that's right, you can't :D)

I am real careful to try and keep things in perspective...I would hate to see a permanently closed border...if by nothing else but attitude. :whistling:

Last edited:

Edit: comment removed as certain people have no sense of humor.

Last edited:

Thank you!

Your response interjects a lot of unfounded accusations. So far this year I have been contacted by four angry Canadian Groups accusing our club members of roaming around Canadian waters. After investigating all four complaints turned out to be Canadians who were not associated with our cub who were illegally taking advantage of our facilities. Two of them in US registered boats (I suspect taxes have something to due with this). There might be some hidden cockroaches, they might not be from the US.

Tough guys? Easy to pull chain? I guess that's one way of looking at it.

Glad others can see things differently.

When I was a kid and saw that I offended someone, I too made light of it. Then I realized people were smart enough to see through it. That was at least 50 nyears ago.

Soin2La,

Better hone up on you carpentry skills, about time for a bigger soap box.

I would hate to see a permanently closed border...if by nothing else but attitude.

Yes, attitude.
Attitude of entitlement: “A U.S. family who told border officials they were transiting British Columbia between Alaska and the lower 48 states has been kicked out of Canada, after being caught vacationing in Vancouver.”
https://globalnews.ca/news/7318019/american-family-caught-alaska-loophole/

Attitude of leniency: “The family was fined $2,000 under the Quarantine Act. The act provides for up to $750,000 in fines and/or imprisonment of up to six months, and a number of U.S. citizens have been handed $1,200 fines for vacationing in the Alberta Rockies.”

Yes, attitude.
Attitude of entitlement: “A U.S. family who told border officials they were transiting British Columbia between Alaska and the lower 48 states has been kicked out of Canada, after being caught vacationing in Vancouver.”
https://globalnews.ca/news/7318019/american-family-caught-alaska-loophole/

Attitude of leniency: “The family was fined $2,000 under the Quarantine Act. The act provides for up to $750,000 in fines and/or imprisonment of up to six months, and a number of U.S. citizens have been handed $1,200 fines for vacationing in the Alberta Rockies.”
Then why are you all upset? The system is working.

...Have you not followed BruceK and read what happened in Victoria Province Australia, with two “invaders”?

We may have nailed the Victorian tricksters in 2 States! They gained permission to enter Queensland from Victoria for essential repairs, on the promise they motored direct no stops, to Qld for repairs. But, they docked and went ashore 3x in New South Wales on the way. NSW has fined them. The "going to Qld. for repairs" seems under question so the Qld. authorities are on the case now.
There is another side to this. Qld, elections imminent, by its Premier designated "Qld hospitals are for Queenslanders" so a NSW baby just south of the border, in utero, died for want of immediate treatment, while Qld. admits hordes of badly behaved Victorian footballers and their entourage for a football final stolen from Covid plagued Victoria. Some commonsense is indicated in this mess, both here and in USA/Canada.

He has a strong distaste for Americans and uses these moments in time - Covid, Orcas last year etc - as an opportunity to go full Troll. Whatever.

He has a strong distaste for Americans and uses these moments in time - Covid, Orcas last year etc - as an opportunity to go full Troll. Whatever.
"He" being ?

Interesting, but not unexpected rationalization.

He has a strong distaste for Americans

I’m given too much credit for being anti-American. I have an equal distain for anyone from another jurisdiction, who disrespects our home, our people (aboriginals included) and our laws.

I loathe anyone who believes our laws don’t apply to them; people who come here to abuse and exploit for their own selfish gratification.

In that regard, I don’t distinguish between American boaters, Chinese birth tourists or other Canadians who pour over the Rockies, when we have said “please don’t come.” Just like some of you, those Canadians flocked here because we have better playgrounds.

Our current, temporary, travel and border related laws, are directed at all foreign nationals, but at the moment, it is Americans who take first prize in the entitlement derby.

psneeld said:
I can't even begin to list the bad behavior of some of your countrymen in Florida

I’ve experienced the embarrassingly bad behavior of Canadians in Florida. Cubans, Haitians, Bahamians and New Yorkers as well. But this isn’t about “yeah well, you guys do it to, so na na na na.”

I’m talking about people from the US, who know or deny we are in a health crisis, choose to ignore our COVID specific laws and put us at risk, solely for their own enjoyment.

You know, a mirror image of the “obese, loudmouth, obnoxious Quebecers” in Florida.

There is a huge difference though; you have not enacted laws prohibiting visitors, to which they just give you the finger.

Last edited:
You have a few documented cases of US citizens behaving badly and from that you have labeled all US citizens as feeling entitled. By your own logic I should label all Canadians as criminals based on the number of documented smuggling busts at our border. By this logic we should simply exterminate the human race because we can’t prevent 1% of them from being despicable.

With such weak defenses, I find it hard to believe you can win any NHL games. Oh wait, I just remembered where most of your players are from.

Yes, a few selfish deplorables but, those Quebecers, my how easy would it be to generalize but I won't cuz we met so many nice folks both in Quebec and Ontario. But, here's a story. We were transiting the Rideau Canal, had already tied to the wall for the night, and had walked up to observe other boats going through the lock. Two boats had entered the lock which had the capacity for two more boats. These two guys spaced themselves such that no more boats could be locked through. The lockmaster instructed them to move forward and tighten up but they said no. She then told them NO ONE would move through until they complied. They did. I guess they didn't feature being stuck in the lock all night. Anyway, we had witnessed their similar behavior previously. Very selfish as were those few American deplorables.
Interesting, but not unexpected rationalization.

I’m given too much credit for being anti-American. I have an equal distain for anyone from another jurisdiction, who disrespects our home, our people (aboriginals included) and our laws.

I loathe anyone who believes our laws don’t apply to them; people who come here to abuse and exploit for their own selfish gratification.

In that regard, I don’t distinguish between American boaters, Chinese birth tourists or other Canadians who pour over the Rockies, when we have said “please don’t come.” Just like some of you, those Canadians flocked here because we have better playgrounds.

Our current, temporary, travel and border related laws, are directed at all foreign nationals, but at the moment, it is Americans who take first prize in the entitlement derby.

I’ve experienced the embarrassingly bad behavior of Canadians in Florida. Cubans, Haitians, Bahamians and New Yorkers as well. But this isn’t about “yeah well, you guys do it to, so na na na na.”

I’m talking about people from the US, who know or deny we are in a health crisis, choose to ignore our COVID specific laws and put us at risk, solely for their own enjoyment.

You know, a mirror image of the “obese, loudmouth, obnoxious Quebecers” in Florida.

There is a huge difference though; you have not enacted laws prohibiting visitors, to which they just give you the finger.

C'mon Jack, is that the best you've got? Lock etiquette vs a willing disregard for laws designed to protect us?

Compare apples to apples and tell me how you feel about the US no fly list.

Given the personal insult postings on this current thread and other COVID subjects, ...by plan or not, OTDE is working it's way back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom