Seattle Boat Show Requirements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
If you plan to attend the Seattle Boat Show, February 4-12th you will be required to:

1. Provide a Vaccine Record Card

2. Instead of a vaxx card you provide the results of a COVID test no older than 72 hours. It would appear that self tests at home will not be accepted. The tests must be from a medical provider and other professional medical care.

3. Wearing of a mask is mandatory.

At this time we don't know if we are going.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF one had to travel any distance or spend money to do so, why would one go to Seattle and deal with all that non-sense? Seems like a trip to sunny Florida?

Imagine enjoying a boat show with no mask, no one checking papers, no hassles, just the sun, the water and beautiful boats.

Guess I better start looking at hotel rooms and rental car.

Last edited:
Just to stay out of trouble the purpose of the post was to inform folks of the requirements not to start a political debate.

I happen to have a work-related conference in Bellevue next month. I assume those are boat-show requirements adopted by the sponsors or hosts of the boat show itself, correct? Not necessarily state or city? I better do some digging, thanks for the heads up anyway.

IF one had to travel any distance or spend money to do so, why would one go to Seattle and deal with all that non-sense? Seems like a trip to sunny Florida?

Imagine enjoying a boat show with no mask, no one checking papers, no hassles, just the sun, the water and beautiful boats.
And a nice case of Omicron to bring back home. FL is teeming...

And a nice case of Omicron to bring back home. FL is teeming...

Can we please not use this thread as yet another excuse to take shots? As ASD said, he was simply relaying information which I happened to find very helpful. Can we ever be done with the "you're going to kill us all" insults?

I happen to have a work-related conference in Bellevue next month. I assume those are boat-show requirements adopted by the sponsors or hosts of the boat show itself, correct? Not necessarily state or city? I better do some digging, thanks for the heads up anyway.

I'm not sure if it's King County rules, state rules, and even whether Bellevue is in King County.... but the norms in Seattle are 1) masks require in all public indoor spaces. You won't get into any store without a mask. 2) Vax proof required to be seated at any restaurant. FWIW, BC is the same.

I'm not sure if it's King County rules, state rules, and even whether Bellevue is in King County.... but the norms in Seattle are 1) masks require in all public indoor spaces. You won't get into any store without a mask. 2) Vax proof required to be seated at any restaurant. FWIW, BC is the same.
There is a state wide mask requirement source.
As of September 13, Washington state requires that everyone ages 5 and older, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks in indoor public settings like grocery, retail, theaters, and entertainment establishments, and at outdoor events with 500 or more people. Masks are also recommended for everyone in crowded outdoor settings.
Bellevue is in King County

Just got this from a friend.

“Rapid COVID-19 tests ($69) are available for unvaccinated attendees and exhibitors at OnPoint Testing at their 526 1st Ave. S location (3-minute walk from stadium) or at the west show entrance from show open to 6:00 p.m. The Lumen Field Health & Safety Plan does not allow for self administered rapid tests.”

What’s Canadian requirements if want to go to Victoria or Vancouver on the same trip?

Regulations or not, I would not want to be attending a boat show right now. I sometimes go to the NYC show (which just ended today) but never even considered it this year. In this part of the country we are just beginning to come out of a peak surge in cases so I have been avoiding crowded places and restaurants until things subside a bit. We are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but for me personally, a boat show is not something critical for me to risk attending.

Regulations or not, I would not want to be attending a boat show right now. I sometimes go to the NYC show (which just ended today) but never even considered it this year. In this part of the country we are just beginning to come out of a peak surge in cases so I have been avoiding crowded places and restaurants until things subside a bit. We are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but for me personally, a boat show is not something critical for me to risk attending.

Agree 100%. We are 3 times vaccinated but you can still get Covid. My mom passed away last fall from Covid and she had had 2 vaccinations, but she was 101. Once you get Covid you can’t go back and change what you did to uncatch it…

Well just talked to a few boat companies friends that are at the Seattle Boatshow. They stated to me that it is the worse show they have ever seen. Fewer boats, open unrented spaces, attendance way down.

Sad. The reason they state is supply chain issues and Seattle covid mandates.

That work conference I mentioned earlier in this thread in Bellevue - in past times it would attract over 1000 attendees. 140 in person this time. Close call as to whether it's worth going, and I'll tell you, to go from a state of zero restrictions to showing my vax card at restaurant doors like I'm trying to sneak a train into Switzerland from Berlin in 1939 is not very attractive. And the other thread (yet another) about border crossing, and the protests and social and political chaos everywhere - really just makes me want to stay home and watch Fleming videos on YouTube.

Just returned from the Seattle boat show. It was actually quite pleasant because it wasn't very crowded, going to Costco has more people density. I picked a Thursday afternoon for that reason. The main floor with the "buzz bomb" boats(wake board, party barge, sport fishing, ranger tugs, etc.) was full, the vendor booths were probably 80% of normal. Here are some random comments I heard from vendors:
Foam/Mattress/Cushion Guy- Stated some foam has gone up 140% in the past year. He believes it is partially due to consolidation on the manufacturing side with too few competitors in the supply chain making the raw products.
Charter Company - Stated fewer people at the show but attendees seem to be on a mission for something vs. people just there to look around.
Apex Dinghy guy - One model I was looking, 10 foot RIB was out of stock but more were inbound on a container in April of which 2 in that shipment were available for sale. Definitely a situation of more demand than supply.
Dry Moorage Guy(bigger boats) - Stated he normally has about 90 spots available this time of year and is down to 25 spots.

There is an amazing display of restored wooden Chris Crafts and other classic lake boats. Some of the Chris Crafts were finished to absolute perfection which I enjoyed seeing how far folks could go with their hobbies.

The boats afloat was smaller but I was only going for one boat so that wasn't a concern to me.

Showing proof of vaccination is about a 10 second process and about 98-99% of folks inside had a mask on with the exception of vendors. Maybe 10% of the vendors were mask free. Probably about half the crowd worn more effective n95s or KN95s.

Any pics of the Chris Crafts?

No pics, I screwed up on that part. Here is the org that was there https://www.acbs-pnw.org/event-4601787 I wish I had gotten at least 3:
Pic 1 miss, 8-10' foot mini Chris Craft boat that was kid size. I've built numerous small boats so they appeal to me.
Pic 2 miss, 16-18' foot fiberglass with big flared fins similar to the cars from the 50s.
Pic 3 miss, 18' ski boat(Chris Craft maybe) with pronounced flare of the top 6-8" at the sheerline. I generally think of the Chris Craft ski boats as kinda of having minimal flare like a classic Grand Banks 32, 36, 42 but this sucker had what seemed to me a pronounced flare. I think it would be tricky to convince the wood blend towards the stem of the boat while creating flare. That may have been some other flavor than a Chris Craft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom