Remodeling the Covid Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"As long as there's heated discussions such as vaccinations, political parties, religious affiliations, sail vs power, and gas vs diesel, there will be trolling."

Well at least we all agree , my anchor is better than your anchor!

That being the case, it is not unexpected that members will feel the need to discuss what are often quite personal and stressful issues. In particular, they feel better able to discuss these issues among friends, rather than total strangers.

Wifey B: How we use the word, "friends?" So many different ways. However, I think of friends as those I'm close to and share everything with and would do anything for and most of us have a very limited number. I think of those we do business with in a store or we see periodically at a marina, or we meet on a forum as primarily acquaintances, but not generally true friends. Even if one considers some here to be friends, it's not a conversation among friends as all the others who are simply acquaintances are involved and many total strangers involved. It's not a private conversation among friends. No one can limit the participants to those they consider friends. While the majority here are not strangers, most are not friends, don't know the others well, haven't shared their life stories, haven't shared emotions or beliefs. Some have met some others and become friends. Some have long been close to some here. However, it's not a conversation among friends when there's no limit as to those who can participate and I don't care how long you've been here, everyone here isn't your friend. Perhaps many here fit the definition of online friends to others and we consider some here to be "online friends", but that relationship has developed through private messages and emails.

I just think that's part of the problem. It's not a discussion among friends. If 50 people are involved, they're not all your friends. Sadly whatever number you considered to be friends was likely reduced by some of the toxic discussions that took place. Just because people are not total strangers, that doesn't make them friends and definitely not a private conversation among friends. We had many of those with members here but they were just that, done privately. :ermm:

Oops, sorry, wrong thread.

Good decision

I think you made a good decision. For a while I posted in the “got shot today” thread and gave some of my opinions re: not getting vaxxed. A few members replied with pretty nasty comments, calling into question my intelligence, education, and in one case calling me a hypocrite! So I gave up on it.

I really like this site and the moderators do a great job here. From now on I will stick to boat-related topics. ?

The thread has been closed. It is for information to members and closed for debate.

Thanks for understanding. :flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom