Oceanside Harbor, California Lock Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TG

Vessel Name
Tera Grace
Vessel Make
Californian 42 LRC
Oceanside Harbor just posted effective April 4, 2020:

Launch Ramp Closed
Beach Closed
No surfing, biking, running or water activity.

Boats are not allowed to leave the slip including dinghies except for emergency maintenance.
No overnight stays for non-live-aboards. No congregating on dock or boats.
Access to vessel allowed only for necessary repair or inspection only.

Live-aboards can stay but all the same rules apply.

Last edited:
In Wisconsin, on the big rivers like Menomonie and the Oconto draining into Lake Michigan and Green Bay. They have closed the boat launches.

There were an awful lot of boats on these rivers fishing. Many had three or four people on board. Not a terrible breach in my opinion. But...Many of the cars had come up from southern Wisconsin cities, therein lies the problem.

I went to check out my boat yesterday. The marina is open and getting ready for summer, business almost as usual. They are taking some precautions. Canceling marina parties and discouraging dock gatherings. Ships store (very small) by appointment. Pretty normal precautions.

They are doing something kind of neat, IMHO. They are keeping the gate closed, not locked but shut. (Everyone knows the combination anyway) We are all free to come and go as we please but it gives the impression of being closed. We don't want to rub it in anyones face that we are allowed to use the facility.

I used to belong to a private Country Club facility. Golf, bar, restaurant and pro shop. (Bunch of pompous jerks) I checked on them yesterday, CLOSED, CLOSED, CLOSED. no visiting, no walking, no nothing. I bet those Aholes are fuming.

pete

TG - Are you a live-aboard at the marina? Are the restrooms closed and/or are pump-outs still available for live-aboards?

Given the number of Covid-19 cases in California and the state's shelter-in-place order, I can certainly understand the decision to close the marina to all but live-aboards.

Jim

San Diego Harbor is now closed to all recreational boaters. Looking at the live harbor web cam yesterday, and the water cops were stopping boats. We still have access to our boats, but for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom