New Rules

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vessel Name
former owner of "Pilitak"
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37
I personally think the new rules are just a bit toooooo stringent.
Murray (in a recent thread) linked information that could be very useful to anyone boating in Florida (whether resident of transient) about rising cases. This information could be considered "forewarned is forearmed", yet the thread was closed. Yes the link was not absolutely referencing boating, but such information directly citing boating is at best very rare, and in reality, non-existent. I cannot remember seeing covid case info specifically talking about the impact on boaters (too small of an audience).
My intent here is not to criticize the mods, but to suggest some re-evaluation of what is truly appropriate. Too much censorship/control (meaning where most things are removed for even very small reasons) is a real contemporary issue in many media. Generally the mods do a great job in a difficult situation.

My hope is that the application of the new rules, get "looked at" again, and some small adjustments be made. :whistling::hide:

The recent Covid changes were not done lightly or without significant discussion.
I'm sure there is a wide range of reactions to the new guidelines from excellent... about time... to worst action that could have been taken.
There are many places to obtain general Covid information, statistics, trends etc and anyone cruising in a distant location would be well served to research other sources of info for your intended destination(s)
There are few sources of specific cruiser/ boater information and is the reason that provision has been allowed.
The recent changes in Covid guidelines will stand but as usual all TF rules are subject to review and change at any time in the future.

The Site Team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom