Investing in airlines during the corona crisis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The US Postal Service depends on business mail and packages to be able to provide personal mail service."

I believe it relies on its federally enforced monopoly to capture personal mail.

"The US Postal Service depends on business mail and packages to be able to provide personal mail service."

I believe it relies on its federally enforced monopoly to capture personal mail.

Delivery of personal mail is a money losing proposition. Junk mail helps offset some of the cost, but still providing mail service to every home in the country is far more costly on it's own than the postage charge. As to it being a monopoly, rest assured no one else wants in on that business. It's a federally enforced requirement to deliver personal mail for the postal service to exist.

Delivery of personal mail is a money losing proposition. Junk mail helps offset some of the cost, but still providing mail service to every home in the country is far more costly on it's own than the postage charge. As to it being a monopoly, rest assured no one else wants in on that business. It's a federally enforced requirement to deliver personal mail for the postal service to exist.

We carry a lot of mail. And we do not do it at a loss....I promise you. I understand what you are saying. But what Fred was saying and I agree is that the airlines carry mail. And we make money doing it. It is the gov/taxpayer that loses....but the taxpayer is the receiver of the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom