Canada Shuts Down Border

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right. Probably ok to go south though.

And were beginning to wonder if going home is a wise choice, no panic down here.

Yeah, I'm watching closely too. My boat is in Richmond, BC and I'm in Palo Alto California getting ready to run up to the boat. There have been rumblings about possible shelter in place in the SF Bay Area. KGO radio sited the LA Times about it this afternoon 3/15/2020. Pretty sketchy when one news organization quotes another.

I may try to head to the boat before that happens. At least I'll be able to cruise if I can still cross the border in to Canada to get to my boat.

Crazy times!

All of our Canadian snowbird friends have been told to come back into Canada by 3/23. Not boaters so they are driving back this week.

I have been in Calgary and Vancouver today. I can tell you that people here are taking social distancing quite seriously. Headed to the island now.

Last edited:
All of our Canadian snowbird friends have been told to come back into Canada by 3/23. Not boaters so they are driving back this week.

Who it telling them to come back to Canada by 3/23?

Not here... a couple checked today and they are saying end Apr OK for them. The issue is supplemental health care policies and it appears to vary.

Just saw an interview with Canada's Minister of Health. Interviewer was pressing her on if/when the US border would be closed to non Canadians coming north, given that the majority of new cases in Ontario came from the US.

Apparently, there are discussions going on right now between the US and Canada, and an announcement is forthcoming. No time line given.

Just saw an interview with Canada's Minister of Health. Interviewer was pressing her on if/when the US border would be closed to non Canadians coming north, given that the majority of new cases in Ontario came from the US.

Apparently, there are discussions going on right now between the US and Canada, and an announcement is forthcoming. No time line given.
Mister PM, build a wall!!!

L

Neither my dentist, doctor, or CPA (tax guy) want to see me in person.

My brother-in-law is in Mexico, sitting on his sailboat, pondering the options.

The Canadians are way to nice to build a wall. They’ll just plant a nice hedge.

Trump just tweeted (had to get it out first and just couldn't wait for a coordinated announcement) that the Canada/US border will be closed to all inessential travel...trade will continue.

Trump just tweeted (had to get it out first and just couldn't wait for a coordinated announcement) that the Canada/US border will be closed to all inessential travel...trade will continue.
Um, no Murray, ASD was first with the sensationalistc headline on this thread, two days ago; “Canada Shuts Down Border.”
:banghead:
The good news is, there should be some great deals on used boats coming soon.

Do you think they would let me use my Canuck passport northbound, and the Yankee one heading south?:dance:

The wife might not be too happy being left behind! I could likely find a crew mate, north of you he border.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom