Boating related?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rgano

Guru
Vessel Name
FROLIC
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
Yes, I think this is, and because people want to know with whom they are dealing, I am ordering a bunch of these to wear and give out to friends and family as they comply with common sense. Anti-vaxers and others with zero common sense need not apply.

Attachments

• vaccinated.jpg
    vaccinated.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 33
Yes, I think this is, and because people want to know with whom they are dealing, I am ordering a bunch of these to wear and give out to friends and family as they comply with common sense. Anti-vaxers and others with zero common sense need not apply.

What will this change? Will people both wearing yellow buttons now shake hands, hug, kiss?

I won't be changing my behavior towards people just because they are wearing a yellow button.

Why rely on the truthfulness of a button?

What will this change? Will people both wearing yellow buttons now shake hands, hug, kiss?

I won't be changing my behavior towards people just because they are wearing a yellow button.

Exactly.

What if they just came through a door previously opened by a contagious person who coughs into their hand? I won't be shaking hands for the foreseable future.

Then, there are the variants...

Last edited:
Don't wear the button until two weeks after the second vaccine.

You people have wandered off target on this idea in a paroxysm of juvenile silliness. Did I in some weird way imply I expected some social change/benefit?

Have you not paid attention? All the current self-protection measures continue AFTER you are vaccinated for a good long time. I am certainly not tossing my mask and shaking hands just cuz I got a shot. Where did you get that idea?

Hopefully, some form of vax ID would encourage people who are "vaccination hesitant" to see the light. It is hard to believe such people exist in this day and age, but we read up to 27% of Americans are potentially iffy to denouncing covid vaccination. The Darwin effect will weed some out, but that's a lot of suffering for wrongheadedness.

And good point rsn48, because that is exactly my plan on March first.

Now, back to the more interesting features of this site.

Don’t need any buttons if you’re where you should be in a pandemic and that is no persons in sight.

But the button is drawing attention to the issue. And there’s good in that.

I suspect most opposition to vaccination will be politics masquerading as reason, entirely resistant to rational persuasion. But, button pressing seems to have had an effect.

I guess since Rich started this thread admitting it was only slightly boating related, can I toss in this..?

Who else feels like me now when seeing any footage on the screen, clearly taken in the days before Covid, where you see folk are kissing and shaking hands etc in greeting..? I find myself cringing and imagining all the bugs they are sharing, and thinking 'no way will I ever shake a strangers hand again'.

Actually, even back when in active GP practice in the flu season I used to avoid shaking patient's hands when bringing them into the consulting room, quickly explaining it was to protect them, as a form of infection control. They used to take it quite well with that explanation. Maybe now, one won't need to even explain.

I hate this elbow bump thing. In fact, I think the Asians have it right. A slight nod of the head and clasping the hands together works for me as a nice greeting.

Another thing that used to get me was when after examining a patient in some of the more intimate ways sometimes required, one would automatically go to the basin and wash one's hands, offering for the patient to do likewise, but often they didn't. I suspect most think their own body is germ free. But then, as you were seeing this patient out the door, he's thrust out the same hand you knew he had just been touching his genitals with, or coughing into, etc, wanting to pump your hand in thanks on their way out.

Awkward..! :eek::nonono: All you can do is shake it, then immediately wash the hands again. I'm sure other medicos on here can relate to this conundrum. Maybe Covid is going to not be entirely negative in the end..? :)

Last edited:
So I guess the question asked in the the thread title has been answered.

No, it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom