Any body come back from the Bahamas recently?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobbyp

Just wondering what the rules are for returning vaccinated US citizen cruisers.
I see that returning airline passengers need a negative covid test within a couple days of return whether vaccinated or not. I don't see anything regarding people coming back by either large or small boats.
Considering heading to the Bahamas for a week or three and the rules for going there are pretty clear but not sure about the return rules.

The tests prior to returning to the U.S. do not apply to private vessels, only to airline passengers and possibly cruise passengers.

We cleared back in on memorial day, using cbp roam, nothing out of the ordinary required.

We returned three weeks ago after being there about 10 weeks.

- no test requirements from Bahamas or US if returning by private boat.
- entry to the Bahamas required COVID test within a few days of checking in, online trip approval with test results, test within 5 days after arrival and daily online health questionnaire for 14 days. Vaccinations were hard to find when we left the US so we’re only half vaccinated. I remember seeing that the Bahamas no longer required testing if you have been fully vaccinated but they change requirements frequently. Apply for Travel Health Visa. https://travel.gov.bs/
- there were some requirements about being re-tested if you visited specific islands with high frequency of cases but rules were vague and changing over time.
- Bahamas now requires you to clear customs outbound. We were anchored so went to Nassau airport to clear out. We did not clear in using their new online system (could not get it to work) but it looks like you can also clear out online if you checked in that way.
- checked into the US online using CBP Roam app. Painless. You need a DTOPS number. Apply online for ~$29. Takes a few weeks to process.

We very much enjoyed our cruise. Hope you enjoy yours. Safe travels.

Thanks for the quick answers.
I applied for the DTOPS number last night and was able to use the receipt number to finish the CBP ROAM app registration.
Bahamas has moved most of the paperwork online and seems to have dropped most requirements for fully vaccinated North American visitors by boat.
Looking forward to some good weather for a gentle first crossing.

Back
Top Bottom