New Bluewater Owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dieseldog49

Good evening everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I just last weekend bought the Salish Moon from another member here last weekend and getting ready to dig in and get her seaworthy again. She is on the hard with her Bedford diesel disassembled and ready to be pulled with all new throughhulls, in need of some minor water intrusion repair but her roofs seem to be rock solid with no leaks, I will be going through and documenting all the different areas that need repair this weekend. Starting the hunt for the history of the boat to see what I can dig up, she seems to have several A-typical features like the mast/faux stack and seems be wider than usual at 13'10. She is a balsa cored boat so that means early production I presume from what I have read here. My partner and I are looking to outfit her for living off the hook out in the San Juans and exploring BC. Look forward to getting to know y'all!

Attachments

• 274159122_10159112643164209_7835404508903964723_n.jpg
    274159122_10159112643164209_7835404508903964723_n.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 33
Welcome from the crew of Toadhall. A 1980 Bluewater 40.

The only way to to make these great boats better is to hang the best anchor off the bow-A genuine Bruce on an all chain rode

Joe

Welcome to Bluewater ownership. They are great boats.

We've owned Sandpiper for 22 years.

There are a number of Bluewaters in the PNW and we had an annual rendezvous before Covid.

Does the hull have the strake lines on the hull or is it smooth? 13'-10" beam is unusual.

Looking forward to project pictures and description.

Congratulations. We owned a BW40 for a number of years and they are indeed great boats for the PNW. You're in good hands here with lot's of knowledgable owners.

Found these old youtube videos from when it was sold in 2020, looks like all the same damage from then is about the same now with the exception of the wood rub rails rotting and the leaks just aft of the pilot house doors have progressed a little.

dieseldog49, did you get my pm? been trying to reach you.

Salish Moon

Dieseldog,
We took this boat to survey in late 2015, a fellow named Ron owned it as "Off Duty" and kept it in Port Orchard. We found too many concerns and declined to pursue it. We did purchase a 1979 BW in 2016. I've been the organizer of the Puget Sound BW owner's group and we've held several rendezvouses, though none during the covid era. If you want to send me your info I'll add you to our email list. Keith: kabystrom@msn.com

Dieseldog,
We took this boat to survey in late 2015, a fellow named Ron owned it as "Off Duty" and kept it in Port Orchard. We found too many concerns and declined to pursue it. We did purchase a 1979 BW in 2016. I've been the organizer of the Puget Sound BW owner's group and we've held several rendezvouses, though none during the covid era. If you want to send me your info I'll add you to our email list. Keith: kabystrom@msn.com

Oh! Now I know which Bluewater that is now.

I talked to Ron and his wife at several YC events . He was past Commodore of Puget Sound Yacht Club and retired Coast Guard. I visited them a couple times on their Bluewater when they were moored next to the gas dock at the Port Orchard Marina.

Ron and his wife lived aboard for a while and had to move ashore due to Ron's health.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom