Prowler Catamaran by Charter cats SA info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Junctionboy

Does anyone have or know about these boats? The Prowler Catamaran built by Charter Cats SA. the specific boat was Manzy — a prowler cat 50–
Does anyone have any information on these boats? Any history? Has anyone here owned one I could speak to to find out the good, bad and ugly if there is any?
I know they made other sizes and there is a 46 or a 48 for sale right now that appears to be under contract — so thats out.
Just looking for any info I can get on them—and to find any for sale thanks

We have (and live aboard) an '04 Charter Cats 450 (45') Prowler power cat. We love it, it's a great cat! I can only speak to the power cat, I know nothing of the sailing cats. The design is spacious and the only issue we have had in 3 1/2 years of living aboard and taking it out (almost) weekly, is in the turbo cooling system in the engines. There is a slight upward slant to the elimination line, and it must be drained after every cruise, or the salt water sits and corrodes through. I may not be using the right terminology, but hopefully you understand what I am saying, if not I will get my husband to reply in detail. :) Other than that the boat is solid, handles well and is very comfortable. We especially enjoy being able to navigate from inside or outside. When we pull it for maintenance or inspection, people are surprised at her condition for her age. Let me know if you have anything specific you'd like to know.

I sent you a private message to get your email address as it appears you are not on the forum much and it might be easier to speak that way.

Hello, we are new to the forum and just noted your query re the Charter Cats SA Prowler 50 "Manzy". My wife and I are the current owners of that vessel having purchased it in August of 2019 and have renamed it "Masterplan". As per the response of "theboge" we are likewise very happy with the boat. We too enjoy the style and spacious layout. As with many power cat designs in this size range our only complaint would be the lack of engine room space for maintenance purposes. There is very limited room to work around the engines making many maintenance issues a little more challenging than they might otherwise be. We obviously identified this issue prior to our purchase but decided to accept the limitations as a compromise for the other benefits a power cat provides. We would be happy to respond to any specific questions/issues you might have.

Back
Top Bottom