NABCAT 1512, electric

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about this power cat, actually a serial hybrid? In its dimension, in metric, notice the discplament, seems huge for a 50' boat. 14.99X12X3.80 meters. !!! I like it a lot, alu hull, large fuel capacity, 10m3, about 2600gal. ....426kWh battery. Lots of space for solar panels too. Any princioled objections as a livaboard , long distance cruiser? Its made in Norway by Moen Marin, and can be seen on their webpage. Also, its a commercial boat, we dont even like things such as marble counter tops, teak wood and rose wood inlay, etc. but prefer commercial, even military look.

Here is a link to the page: https://www.moenmarin.no/en/produkt/vessels/nabcat-1512-electric-eng/

I couldn't find much detail on the hull design, but it seems very boxy. Normally you'd expect a beam around 7.5 meters for this length.

long distance cruiser?

It specifies 11 knots (no payload). I wonder what the range would be. Sure there is a lot of fuel, but at what speed would the crossover point be where the generator can't keep up?

Here is a link to the page: https://www.moenmarin.no/en/produkt/vessels/nabcat-1512-electric-eng/

I couldn't find much detail on the hull design, but it seems very boxy. Normally you'd expect a beam around 7.5 meters for this length.

It specifies 11 knots (no payload). I wonder what the range would be. Sure there is a lot of fuel, but at what speed would the crossover point be where the generator can't keep up?

Yes, but they write 12m beam. Plus we dont know how they define moulded draft. If their max. speed is 11knots, range would be much farther at 5kts. And if rigged as serial hybrid, it means two smaller gensets, not big diesels fot propulsion. Annoying that they wont send out the technical specs, even though they invite people to ask for them. If you find out any more please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom