• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

SOLD. - 70' aluminium Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vessel Name
Dryade
Vessel Make
Trawler 72
We put for sale our 72' aluminum trawler

Loa 72'
Lenght 70'

Beam 19'4"
Draft 5'3"
Displacement 56 T
engine 2 x 705 hp Caterpillar C12 685 hours

Hull need a new paint job

Hull structure, plating, building, welding and welder certificate was agreed and checked by Veritas.
Very nice and strong structure, nice welding.

Actually in France, may be if not sold , next January in south of Portugal or...Romania (we must make a choice/decision soon)

Arrangement are in good condition.

Asking price 760 k $

After the dead of our lovely dog we don't want keep this boat anymore :-(

Attachments

• IMG_20180912_120655 (2).jpg
    IMG_20180912_120655 (2).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 751
  • 100_1945.jpg
    100_1945.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 711
  • 100_1991.jpg
    100_1991.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 689
  • 100_1954.jpg
    100_1954.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 668
Last edited:
I’ll go 250k pending the sail of my current vessel, the low price doesn’t reflect your vessel but the lack of my pocket book being able to afford it. I like it a lot[emoji106]

Sorry to hear of the loss of your handsome friend. Best wishes for your sale.

Sorry that you lost your friend. It is very painful when that happens. We lost our big Lab 5 years ago and the only thing that helped me through it was getting a new Lab puppy the next day.

Sorry that you lost your friend. It is very painful when that happens. We lost our big Lab 5 years ago and the only thing that helped me through it was getting a new Lab puppy the next day.

Thanks for your answer, but my boss oups sorry my wife said : "no more dog on boat"

Because we always lived on boat, and we like "big dog" Dryade was "old" for this bred but still apparently in good shape.
Some problem started with back leg, and the last days on board I had "back pain" my wife helped me, but, may be, we don't do right Dryade had an unknown spleen tumor probably we broken it at this moment ... She got surgery, resist two days , looking better ...and died. We made too much mistakes:nonono::mad:

Attachments

• 0000697.jpg
    0000697.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 407
  • 100_1295.jpg
    100_1295.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 417
I know what it is like to loose a pet. Ive been through it and it is bad. You have my sympathy.

If you truly love your boat and all other things being equal, don't sell it. Here are two reasons not to sell:

1) After any major life change or loss through death or divorce the experts say to NOT make any big changes for at least a year, two would be better.

2)Stability is what you need right now, not another major change caused by selling the boat.

Good Luck in the future,

pete

Because we always lived on boat, and we like "big dog" Dryade was "old" for this bred but still apparently in good shape.
Some problem started with back leg, and the last days on board I had "back pain" my wife helped me, but, may be, we don't do right Dryade had an unknown spleen tumor probably we broken it at this moment ... She got surgery, resist two days , looking better ...and died. We made too much mistakes:nonono::mad:

I think you're being very hard on yourself with no facts to even support it. The health of older pets is always challenging and their ability to survive any tumor or surgery is not that good. The vast majority that have tumors removed, have others before long develop elsewhere. Most commonly they'll have a tumor on their stomach or in a similar area, but that will be followed shortly by cancer spreading to their lungs.

They also have difficulty with trauma and surgery is definitely traumatic. Not at all unusual for a pet to seem to be doing better post-surgery and then soon die overnight.

Sometimes too the treatment is worse than the disease. Whether it's the trauma of surgery or it's a drug regimen. I know Prednisone and other steroids take heavy tolls on the health of humans, but then they're given to cats for liver issues and they treat the condition but destroy the quality of life. Then there's chemotherapy which also takes a huge toll on humans. However, given to a small cat or small dog is many times worse.

You simply provide your pet the most love you can and you try to read in their behavior what is going on, then you make the best decisions you know how to. I am so sorry to see you blaming yourselves as I don't think that's reasonable. Vets lose pets all the time. In fact, one was unable to save your dog, and they have the knowledge.

Yes, we all lose someone near to us, whether human or pet, and second guess ourselves, but we shouldn't. We just do the best we can in life and sometimes that's not enough.

Now, if you choose to sell your boat, that's your choice, but it won't bring your dog back and punishing yourself solves nothing.

Thanks all...sure we know if even she survive the average is 3 month after this type of surgery/tumor
But anyway I don't do the best for my best friend ...

Attachments

• Dryade2.jpg
    Dryade2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 327
  • 100_1397.jpg
    100_1397.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 333
May be

I will ask of the boat

Attachments

• 100_1968.jpg
    100_1968.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 347
  • 20180518_075650.jpg
    20180518_075650.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 345
  • 100_1955.jpg
    100_1955.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 360
  • nothing change.PNG
    nothing change.PNG
    158.6 KB · Views: 353
I had a dog with a spleen tumour, found when he collapsed overnight after it burst and bled. X ray showed spots of spreading on the liver. At surgery it was confirmed so we did not wake him up from surgery.
We do our best with sick animals, with vet advice. It won`t always work out well and hindsight is not a good way to review what you did. I still struggle with the loss of my last dog(not the one I mention above), so much I have not got another.
Selling the boat because of memories is an extreme action. Can you think about it some more? Try to remember the good times,and not the sad end.

Dogs are not meant to live long lives compared to us. It’s a hard truth to accept. No matter what you do, you will not lengthen a dogs life very much. Most dogs die of some sort of cancer. We can only love them while they are with us, then we have to let them go when they die.

Note : could be delivered anywhere.

Attachments

• 100_2036.jpg
    100_2036.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_2053.jpg
    100_2053.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 293
beauty

Beautiful boat but way out of my league on price(100K), good luck with your sale, its a great boat you will get 500K at least:)

We put for sale our 72' aluminum trawler

Loa 72'
Lenght 70'

Beam 19'4"
Draft 5'3"
Displacement 56 T
engine 2 x 705 hp Caterpillar C12 685 hours

Hull need a new paint job

Hull structure, plating, building, welding and welder certificate was agreed and checked by Veritas.
Very nice and strong structure, nice welding.

Actually in France, may be if not sold , next January in south of Portugal or...Romania (we must make a choice/decision soon)

Arrangement are in good condition.

Asking price 760 k $

After the dead of our lovely dog we don't want keep this boat anymore :-(

When I read 500k

Beautiful boat

I feel some chock under my left breast :mad::eek:
but luckily it was not an heart attack just my wallet who are crying:facepalm::D

And may be you are asking in ... GBP :blush:

Attachments

• 100_1961.jpg
    100_1961.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_1965.jpg
    100_1965.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Please do not sell your boat now.
Put it away; wait; wait some more.
go away from it for a while.
Some new puppies will come your way.
Go look for them.
We had some similar events in the not too distant past.
Found two miniature daschunds; brother and sister.
Still remember their predecessors but the new ones steal your heart all over again.
That boat did not just happen. It is obvious you have a lot of yourselves in her.
Wait.
Look.

I am sorry for the loss of your beautiful Dryade. I am a veterinarian and understand your loss from many perspectives.

From what you describe, your girl probably had hemangiosarcoma, a malignant tumor of he blood vessels. In many ways, it is a plague as it is SUCH a common cancer of large and giant breeds, especially bully and mastiff types.

I, too, have lost a beloved dog to this disease and SO MANY of my beloved patients, and wish you peace and healing.

Maureen

The loss of our Dog was devastating. To this day, almost 5 years later I still grieve. BUT, I have noticed lately that I catch myself smiling when I think of her (everyday) - or someone will say to me "what are you thinking about, why are you smiling?" And I say - "I was thinking about my Dog". That love is always with you, and will never go away. I'm thankful for every minute of the 13-years we had with her. In time, you will both feel the same. God bless.

Sorry for the excellent Trawler Forum members, I will reply to Long Cours in french...
Désolé que vous décidiez de vendre votre magnifique trawler après la mort de votre chien.
Ne vous laissez pas abattre par les "vendeurs" de bateaux aux US, je pense que le votre pour ce que j'en connais vaut bien ses 760 K$ considérant le taux de change. Mentionnez la TVA si elle est payée ou non cela peut aider un acheteur british ou hors Schengen.

Bon courage pour la suite et n'hésitez pas à me faire signe.
Dominique

M/V Balder VIII
Marina Lanzarote - Lanzarote Canary islands
je peux vous passer mon cell en what's app

Tanks all for your messages, sure we know for this bred 11 years 7 month 17 days it is a very old dog but she was like 8 years old ...
If she died AND if I done ALL the best I could accept but I made too much mistake ...

To come back to the boat yes she is vat paid .

Attachments

• 100_1949.jpg
    100_1949.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_2055.jpg
    100_2055.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 100_2057.jpg
    100_2057.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 244
  • 100_1971.jpg
    100_1971.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
I'm very sorry for your loss. Pets are family. You might consider getting a puppy and keeping the boat. I recently lost two cats within a couple months of each other. It's hard but it's amazing how a new family member will cheer you up. Especially when the young ones are so goofy.

Thanks for your message, but we sold our "long-cours.62" who was perfect for our use, to take my old mother with us on a more comfortable boat,
after 3 hours on board she change idea and want come back to house... We keep this boat because she was use full for our old dog (back deck, salon, and kitchen same level) now without dog (except in imagination every where...) we must cut, change, after 3 month we still sad like the first day

Attachments

• 100_1183.jpg
    100_1183.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 308
  • 100_2035 - Copie.JPG
    100_2035 - Copie.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 312
A dog experience in France

Thanks for your message, but we sold our "long-cours.62" who was perfect for our use, to take my old mother with us on a more comfortable boat,
after 3 hours on board she change idea and want come back to house... We keep this boat because she was use full for our old dog (back deck, salon, and kitchen same level) now without dog (except in imagination every where...) we must cut, change, after 3 month we still sad like the first day
Checking into a hotel, as experienced German Shepherd (Bergerac Allemange?) owners we were not worried when the hotel GS dog ran full speed at us barking. We stood our ground, the aggression stopped, he became friendly. His tail was very short, we asked the owner why, he said: "One day my father was using a machine to cut the grass..",we stopped him there, that was enough information, we knew it would have hurt, dogs have nerves along the tail which is an extension of the spine. The dog was friendly during our time at the hotel.

Thanks for your answer, but my boss oups sorry my wife said : "no more dog on boat"

The most painful moment in life is when a dear beloved friend leaves for another world.

He will always be with you.

God bless

Reduced !

For prompt sale :
580.000us$ on as is where is basis
just remove one of the 20kw Kohler generator and replace by a smaller 9 kw Onan only 417 hour.

Attachments

• 81464800_604549623638858_7867112246285959168_n (1).jpg
    81464800_604549623638858_7867112246285959168_n (1).jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 100_0940.jpg
    100_0940.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 222
Finally no customer

No customer for our trawler... too big ?
We continue to prepare her, after put a newer gen-set, we fix some solar panel now the total is 1200 w for service batteries, 200 w for keep engine starting batteries and 100 w for generator batteries.
Anyway still for sale, but if no customer before the end of March ...we will move with her, no choice.
Before yesterday I made some varnish and one nice ...hair of my dog come , I don't know from where to the varnish... and the varnish was devasted by ...my tear :-:)eek:

Now with the evolution of the rate between us$ and € the price in us$ is 540k usd

Attachments

• 100_2161.jpg
    100_2161.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 100_2162.jpg
    100_2162.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 159
Finally

don't start at the end of March because the covid19 arrive 2 week too early
and we was confined before the end of March:nonono:

Still for sale, for all the reason already said.
My wife clearly want a smaller:oops: BOAT ! A smaller boat

Something like our former long-cours62 or even more simple, basic.

LC, why do you say the 72 is too large and you would prefer the 62? There really isn't that big a difference in size. Since your boats seem to be very long and lean, the difference in volume and maintenance is likely linear, not cubed, if you know what I mean. Anyway, just curious.

May be it is not only linear

LC, why do you say the 72 is too large and you would prefer the 62? There really isn't that big a difference in size. Since your boats seem to be very long and lean, the difference in volume and maintenance is likely linear, not cubed, if you know what I mean. Anyway, just curious.

Because the :
62' is 5.03 m beam the 72' is 5.9m it means to large for some lock
62' is 3.18m air draft the 72' is (with arch down !) 4.95m to high for go in some place
62' displacement is 32t the 72' is 58t to heavy for some travel lift

62' draft is 1.30m the 72' is 1.65m lot of nice place we like no are "closed" by this only 0,40m

The surface, for example to paint anti-fouling ;) is around 40% more.

For this beamier , heavier (but ok longer at wl) to navigate at 9.8kts we need the double of liter per nm (ok Long-cours62 is "exceptional" i, consumption :)).
We don't need 4 double cabin, 4 shower/toilet, around 38m2 at deck saloon/kitchen/wheelhouse), 2 aircon, two gensets, two too big engine etc etc

For my mother ( my wife said for the dog because for the "mother in law ....:eek::hide:) she was perfect .
For the dog also but now no need.
The problem is : now we are too old to built a new "long-cours62" and it is difficult to find a boat who fulfill what we want ...or very very expansive ...

Wifey B: I apologize in advance but must ask this. You don't need to answer here but just to yourself.

Before the death of your dog, did you feel this way about this boat? Would you be doing this anyway?

Don't you think over time instead of grieving when you get on the boat, you might find yourselves smiling as you remember your beautiful dog aboard and as memories flash by? You think your dog is now thinking "sell the boat" or more inclined to in his afterlife think "don't you dare sell the boat I loved."

Just be careful of a decision made too early in the time of grieving. My heart reaches out to you, hoping each day is just 1% better or even 0.1%. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom