Old 02-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
Guru

Passagemaker magazines

I have an extensive (pretty much complete) collection of Passagemaker mags going back about ten years. Anybody interested in some or all of them??

Very modest price plus shipping depending on quantity.

Chris
Old 04-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

City: Newburyport, MA
Vessel Name: Kairos
Vessel Model: Island Pilot 395
Hi Chris,
How much? I am in Newburyport, MA

Thanks,
Donny
Old 04-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Guru

Hi Donny:
Very modest price is $00.00 but I have already promised them to FF and they are presently out on loan till May when FF was intending to collect them. I'll keep your name in case FF changes his mind.
Chris
Old 04-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Guru

City: Campbell River
Vessel Name: Blue Sky
Vessel Model: Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
Wow. That is a very good price indeed! The magazines have a lot of good info in them and if nothing else the articles get folks thinking about most if not all aspects of the Passagemaker lifestyle. Whatever that it.

Why are you unloading them?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
Guru

Hi Conrad:

Yes, I learned a lot from the PM's though they are not nearly as informative as they used to be. Having held onto them like they were really valuable for several years, I eventually realized that I was not very likely to ever refer back to them. It is so easy to get info on the web and from forums like this. Also having just begun the process of helping relocate my wife's parents, I have a new found sense of what "hoarding" is, and I started to feel like a hoarder myself. It is good to have the extra space in the office!!
Chris
Old 04-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
Guru

City: Campbell River
Vessel Name: Blue Sky
Vessel Model: Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
Having cleaned out two highly hoarded houses of relatives in the last few years I know exactly where you're coming from Chris!

One of the major benefits of on-line info is that it doesn't take up shelf space!

I wonder if PMM is losing its relevancy because they have covered the fundamentals so well over the years that they have less to talk about without repeating themselves.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
FF
Guru

I wonder if PMM is losing its relevancy because they have covered the fundamentals so well over the years that they have less to talk about without repeating themselves.

More likely because only very expensive gear warrents the big expensive advertising.

And most folks with 35-50 ft boats don't upgrade to new vessels.

FF
Old 04-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #8
FF
Guru

Very modest price is $00.00 but I have already promised them to FF and they are presently out on loan till May when FF was intending to collect them. I'll keep your name in case FF changes his mind.
Chris

AS long as Donny is willing to pass them on, eventually , why not give them to him first?

Fine with me ., although I hope collecting them will not be too hard.

Could Donny drop them off in Harwich Port area this summer? (mother in laws) after his read?

FF
Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
Guru

Mags are presently out on loan for about another month. I was waiting to hear back from you, Fred, about your intended arrival schedule in Massachusetts in May(??). If you and Donny can work it out then perhaps Donny can collect them from Phillip who is presently borrowing them. He is closer to Newburyport than I am (in Onset).
Chris