• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Off the Market-65' Malahide Trawler SOVEREIGN of MALAHIDE $715,000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallace - I for one shall cease and desist comment/question. Take some solace that each reply keeps Sovereigns' for-sale status at the top of the list.

But as an aside, messages do not cascade into my inbox well-marked - I have no idea whether it's tagged as classified or Covid 19. It just shows-up. I believe before your classified ad, you posted a response on another thread, and a website showing the boat, and it took a bit to figure out it was for sale. Then a day or so later, this thread was initiated. So it gathered a bit of steam for me. Given every incoming TF post looks the same, I can only guess the reason for categories like "Classified" section is for people who are searching. But in the end, you can control how your message is delivered, but you cannot control how it is received. Slow news day in the Internet ether with Covid, tons of pundits out there.

She looks like a great boat and I'd sure love being aboard her. I wish you all the best in finding the right steward for her next phase of life.

Peter

PS - sorry to hear about mess Hollywood left on your lunch counter.

Statler Waldorf.jpg

Last edited:
If it were me (and it's certainly not) I'd delete this thread, and re-post. And make it about the boat, not open to comment. "The more you kick a turd, the stinkier it gets."

If it were me (and it's certainly not) I'd delete this thread, and re-post. And make it about the boat, not open to comment. "The more you kick a turd, the stinkier it gets."

How, TC? I have tried to find a way to delete the ad, thread, anything? Failed at that, so I wrote the admin, asked to delete the ad, to no avail.

If you know how to can this ad, I would appreciate the help, thanks, ww

If that fails, I'd consider deleting every post (you should be able to do that, it's your thread) The delete your original post. But that sounds very laborous over just clicking one button.

Yea that's pretty weird....they should honor your request, I think they will.

"The dogs will bark, but the parade keeps moving."

Just delete the TF emails. The end. Or put TF in your spam filter. Threads drift, it's the 'net. Life is short, just hit <delete>. Almost all threads die eventually. (P.S. beautiful boat, I wish I had the time and money. My favorite boat in life so far was a woodie.)

My opinion is that you are...

Exposing your boat here to many large boat owners who, just like you have their opinions, which are valid to them.

Some of these current large boat owners are looking to upsize, some are of course not.

My opinion as a large boat owner is that you have a beautiful boat. A true museum piece.

As a buyer I would probably dream of your boat, but honestly I would look at the fiberglass and steel competition in the same price range and never schedule a showing.

The reason is simple. While beautiful, your boat represents to a buyer future maintenance needs. The amount of annual labor hours necessary to maintain the pristine condition she is in now, especially if you were to actually cruise the boat just “seem” daunting. True or not, that is the perception, and perception governs actions.

That’s why you are getting so many comments you do not agree with. You will need to find a very special buyer that is happy with the maintenance needs of your near perfect boat, or you will have to discount the boat to a point where a buyer overlooks those needs.

My opinion is that you are...

Exposing your boat here to many large boat owners who, just like you have their opinions, which are valid to them.

Some of these current large boat owners are looking to upsize, some are of course not.

My opinion as a large boat owner is that you have a beautiful boat. A true museum piece.

As a buyer I would probably dream of your boat, but honestly I would look at the fiberglass and steel competition in the same price range and never schedule a showing.

The reason is simple. While beautiful, your boat represents to a buyer future maintenance needs. The amount of annual labor hours necessary to maintain the pristine condition she is in now, especially if you were to actually cruise the boat just “seem” daunting. True or not, that is the perception, and perception governs actions.

That’s why you are getting so many comments you do not agree with. You will need to find a very special buyer that is happy with the maintenance needs of your near perfect boat, or you will have to discount the boat to a point where a buyer overlooks those needs.

Anticipating those concerns, i listed here my annual cost of ownership. My intent was to increase exposure to someone who may want the boat, not convert those who don’t.

I don’t mind others having differing opinions at all. I just wish they would discuss them in the general forum, and that they would not be addendums to my advertisement. I would never dream of visiting another person’s ad and voicing a negative opinion about their boat/ad/pricing, or any other statement.

It's been quite embarrassing to read the behavior of the members towards this FOR SALE ad. Good luck with the sale of this amazing vessel, I've seen it from afar when it was at Bainbridge Island and it was a boat I didn't want to stop looking at. Very pretty and the new owners will benefit from all the care you put into maintaining and upgrading her!

Such a cool boat. Was it in Skyline for a while with one of the Rolhfings working on it? Corey or Mark? Obviously there is only a small segment of those looking to buy a boat that would consider it. But for someone who understands and appreciates what it is, it would be a pleasure to own. The guy looking at a Nordhavn isn't looking at a Malihide.

From a couple of posts by Wallace it seems he wants to end the thread, so it is now closed and moved to Classified Archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom