• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Ocean Alexander For Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bnoft

Vessel Name
Amazing Grace
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 52 Sedan
Some of you may recall the posts describing the refit we undertook in the winter 2018-2019. Our new to us 52 Ocean Alexander spent the winter in Miami at Cay Marine where she was treated to a full mechanical and cosmetic refit.
Unfortunately, I suffered cardiac arrest this spring, from which I have fully recovered. but the 10 days I spent on a ventilator led to a Tracheostomy and we need to sell Amazing Grace. I can't go near the water with a hole in my neck.
She is listed on Yachtworld at $615,000 with our son at Denison Yachting in Miami; the boat is currently in Hampton, VA. She is NOT a project boat; nor was she in bad shape when we bought her. We had owned an older Grand Banks for 10 years and wanted something a little bigger and capable of higher speeds. as this was our "last boat" (who knew it would only last 18 months?) I spared no expense in the refit; she loos like a new boat. The link below should take you to the listing.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2006/ocean-alexander-52-sedan-3674133/

I am very glad you survived and I hope you enjoy the rest of your life, with the new restrictions.
Per your boat, I hope you find a new owner is worthy and who will appreciate all your upgrades.
Be safe, stay healthy.
Dan.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune and wish you a full recovery and a speedy sale for your boat. Stay well.

Thanks guys. I'm glad I had her for awhile.

Did I miss the engine room photos? It is a beauty.

The photos on Yachtworld are some our son took on her maiden voyage from Miami to Hampton in June 2019. As we were underway, and he was only onboard for 2 days, he was not in the ER.
He has a photographer taking more, and complete pics soon (this week?)which will replace the current photos. Will took his with an iPhone.

The yacht world link I posted earlier has been updated with a few ER pics. Survey on Monday.

Awfully sorry to hear about your crisis, Bill, and the effects on your boating life. Here's wishing you peace and health in all things, and of course good luck with the sale.

THAT is a beautiful boat, no question about that.

I'm curious though, why do you feel you can't go near water with a trach hole?

pete

Giving up the boat

It's a common thing to give up boating do to health reasons, but it is a sad thing all the same. It's something no one looks forward to especially me. Unfortunately, the older one gets the closer that day comes.

The best to you going forward with out your boat.

Who ever shot the Pics knows how to sell a boat. Good job with the add. The boat doesn’t suit my style but that doesn’t stop me from appreciating how nice that boat is.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.

Good health!

GLWTS - love those OA!! This one would be no exception. She's a looker!

She’s a beauty. Best to you in your redirected course....always full of possibilities.

Thanks, guys. Every Dr. I talked to told me the same thing; fall in the water, off the dock, boat, that hole will permit water to go straight to your lungs. If I don't drown I'll have the worst case of Pneumonia imaginable. I've had Pneumonia, no fun, haven't drowned yet but suspect that's worse. What nobody told me, breathing with the tube is far better than a blocked airway but it is not as good as breathing "naturally". For those who like me, had no idea how this thing worked; I now have 3 tubes, my trachea, inside that is an outer cannula (plastic tube) and inside that is a smaller cannula. Each is slightly smaller in diameter, reducing the airflow. I'm not complaining, beats not breathing. I know guys who have returned from the sandbox with no arms or legs, they have a bigger adjustment than me.
Selling the boat is not what I want to do but right now it is what I should do.

Best of luck. That’s a beautiful boat, somebody will be lucky to get her.

I had hoped to bump into you in the boating community since you're also in the Northern Neck but priorities change as we continue on with life so maybe we'll still cross paths somewhere on land, instead! Although no doubt it's an inconvenience to have a tube, like you said, better than not breathing at all. I'm glad your health has improved and the water will always be there for you ,should you decide to get your feet wet again.

Ouch

You did a wonderful job on the refit. Wish I could afford her but she should sell well!
Sorry you have to let her go but our bodies betray us as we age!
May God keep you health and help you sell the boat to the right owner!

I should have posted this last month; the procedures undertaken to reverse my Tracheostomy were successful. I am now able to breathe as God made me, although maybe not quite as good as a year ago. So no marathons in my future but I can get on my boat and take her to sea. I wasn't planning on running a marathon anyway.
Thanks for all of the support and prayers. Hope to see you on the water.

That is wonderful news, Bill! Thanks for sharing. Peace, health and safe waterborne travels in 2021.

I should have posted this last month; the procedures undertaken to reverse my Tracheostomy were successful. I am now able to breathe as God made me, although maybe not quite as good as a year ago. So no marathons in my future but I can get on my boat and take her to sea. I wasn't planning on running a marathon anyway.
Thanks for all of the support and prayers. Hope to see you on the water.

Fantastic!!! Glad things are going in your favor.

Bill
Great news
I will leave your ad for a short while before archiving it.
Hope all goes well for you.

The Site Team

Glad things are looking up for you. Hope you can enjoy your beautiful boat now and for a long time.

Wonderful news. Enjoy your beautiful boat.

����������������������������������������������������������������������

That is really good news. So glad you will get to enjoy your boat after all that!

Good Luck and a Happy Ending--so, Ironically-glad it didn't sell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom