Old 05-01-2017, 06:19 PM   #1

City: bellingham
northwest boat wanted

I'm in Bellingham, WA and looking for a 25-30' pilothouse boat. Maybe trailerable (Nimble Nomad, etc.) or maybe another Willard 30 (had an 8 ton sail I liked a lot). Just sold my Albin 25 and Sundowner 30 tug and my Ed Monk Comfort 38 is on the market. https://bellingham.craigslist.org/boa/6102408099.html
As you can see it was formerly a motorsailer. Wouldn't mind doing that again with something smaller like a Fisher 25 or 30, or similar, or maybe removing the flying bridge on a Willard 30 to make it more to my liking. Anyway, if anyone knows of anything, please leave a message. Thanks. Clive
Old 05-01-2017, 07:45 PM   #2

City: Port Orchard, WA
Vessel Name: Isobel K
Vessel Model: 37' Custom Pilothouse
Your current boat looks quite comfortable.
Why downsize to 30'?
Old 05-01-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
Guru

City: Bayview
Vessel Name: Puffin
Vessel Model: Willard Vega 30
northwest boat wanted

Taking the FB off of a 32' Grand Banks makes for a nice comfy boat. Come out to Gate 3 this weekend and you can take a look. Send me a PM and we can swap contact info.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:47 PM   #4

City: bellingham
Comfort 38

Well, This is the nicest boat I've ever had, and there have been several that ended up nice. But I've done about everything to this I intend to do so I need a new project. Plus I really do prefer slightly smaller boats. Hopefully I can find something trailerable I can work on in the backyard at my leisure (if I had any leisure). (Sometimes I think I need to go back to work so I'll have some free time.) Not paying dock rent would be also be nice. But if I didn't spend a few hundred a month on dock rent, I'd probably just throw it away on food and shelter. Anyway, I just started advertising this last week. Hopefully it won't take too long. I'm ready to get started on the next one which I'd like to keep. C
Old 05-01-2017, 09:00 PM   #5
Guru

City: Powell River, BC
Vessel Name: Northern Spy
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 26
We should swap boats!
Old 05-01-2017, 11:17 PM   #6
Guru

City: Port Townsend, WA
Vessel Name: Traveler
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
North Pacific Yachts made some smaller pilothouse models. But their website currently shows the 38 as the smallest. One of their 28-footers for sale in NY:

2010 North Pacific 28 Pilothouse Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

And there is the venerable Nordic Tug 26, of which there are a couple for sale here in the PNW:

1981 Nordic Tugs 26 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

1983 Nordic Tug 26 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
https://www.theboatgeeks.com
Old 05-02-2017, 05:34 AM   #7
Veteran Member

City: Prescott
Vessel Name: JOURNEY
Vessel Model: Prairie 29
I just purchased Acadia 25 from Atlas boatworks in Cape Coral, FL. Although it didn't have a trailer They were designed to be trailerable and I have bought a trailer for the boat. It is also in the process of being Documented. I heard a couple of weeks ago that Tom was going to have another used one for sales soon. You might contact him as see what he has.

Although we haven't used the boat yet, work is still getting in the way, my wife and I are looking forward to doing some cruising on the east coast before trailering the boat to AZ. where we will keep the boat. We plan to cruise a number of places that are inland, lakes, and a trailer boat just seemed right to us. Good Luck