Old 09-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #1
Valued Technical Contributor

City: Litchfield, Ct
Mainship Pilot 34, 2003 for Sale

After a false start last year, we have finally listed Bella, our Mainship Pilot 34 for sale in Rhode Island. See the Yachtworld listing for complete specs and pictures- 2003 Mainship Pilot 34 Sedan Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

This is a single engine, downeast style cruiser, the one you see in my avatar to the left. She sips 2-3 gph of fuel at her hull speed of 7+ kts, but will cruise nicely at 15 kts when you want to go fast.

Contact the broker, Mike Farman at 401-497-1116 for further information.

David
Old 09-01-2017, 03:57 PM   #2
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Nice boat and well maintained, good luck with your sell
Old 09-01-2017, 05:00 PM   #3
Technical Guru

City: Wilmington, NC
Vessel Name: Louisa
Vessel Model: Custom Built 38
Dave!!!! What is next???
Old 09-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #4
Valued Technical Contributor

City: Litchfield, Ct
What is next. Unfortunately, probably nothing.

My wife tore her ACL ligament in her knee (getting out of the boat!!) a few years ago and didn't get it repaired. She is fine with it 99.9% of the time, but she is now unable to get on or off the boat easily at the dock and certainly can't get in and out of our dinghy which is critical to our way of cruising.

I had been considering this move as well. I am now almost 71 and this old body can't get around as well as it once did to maintain the engine and other boat maintenance chores. Every time I contort my body to get into the engine room to change the impeller or something I pay the price later that day. But I will never, ever let another mechanic work on my engine- besides you Ski ;-).

So between my wife's knee problems and my own frailties, it is time to sell the boat. But I still ski in the winter and hike when we go camping in the summer. So there is still some life in this old body!!!

But I will maintain my interest and postings in the Boatdiesel and Trawler Forum sites so my crusty old advice will still be available to those who might benefit.

David
Old 09-01-2017, 07:08 PM   #5
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Sorry to read that David! Please stay with us, your advices have always been very good and valuable to me! You say you are almost 71? You must make a mistake, 41 maybe but not more, you should re read your passport

L