• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Other: Lord Nelson Tug at Auction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been on a LNVT but like most tugs style I really like the low in hull main cabin. It's like a sail boat BUT it has huge windows so you can see out.
Then with the fairly high steering position without being outside ( like on a fly bridge).I don't like being out in the sun. Or cold.or in a bag!
Great Easy access to deck from steering when docking is great. Not just being high and mighty on the fly bridge while your less enthusiastic half has all the stress with the lines etc.
Vertical or leaning FWD windows only way to go , look right and practical, sloping back....impractical just racy looking......
Central engine position so you don't have to have a fat stern to carry the engine weight.
Tugs do a lot of things well for a small package.
2 cents
Warren

Pac Mule; Your boat William was replaced with a 37 LNVT, named John Williams. If you go to the LNVT web page and look up 37 LNVT #68.

John,

They say every boat is a compromise, but if you’re looking For a Parade Boat, the Lord Nelson is no compromise.

Pac Mule; Your boat William was replaced with a 37 LNVT, named John Williams. If you go to the LNVT web page and look up 37 LNVT #68.

John,
Hey John good to here from you . Hope all is well . I've talked to John several times about the Lord Nelson Tug . I think he is removing the teak decks now . He's done a bunch of work on his Tug .

What's wrong with it looking like a tug?? Haha

I like the lines/look of the LN, I'd be interested in taking one on The Loop, but I'd have to take one for a spin before pulling the trigger. Everyone has their own flavor, but I believe $99k is too much. There's one for $70k in my area that's been for sale for years. I think at $99k, that will sit as well.

ForumRunner_20171201_183432.jpg

Salty: That 99K is listed as a “suggested bid”. Most of those suggested bids are wishful thinking.

If William was sold I'd put in some kinda bid . I've got some extra teak lumber lying around .

Salty: That 99K is listed as a “suggested bid”. Most of those suggested bids are wishful thinking.

I've never put a bid in there, do you think they would take something as low as $50k? I assume the bank has to approve it, do you think there's a ton of wiggle room in that $99k price?

Still listed with the yacht broker at $109k. The interesting thing would be to understand how it went from being listed with a YB to being up for auction.
Hard to figure value without knowing condition.

Wood belongs indoors.

Mark,
As I recall there was little or no varnish on the exterior. The cap rail was painted.

However the interior is almost completly varnished. I didn’t like. It was a bit dark. Any water on the floor could be very dangerous. But it was beautiful.

Last edited:
this lord nelson was surveyed and sea trialed for a formal offer this summer.
i know, because i paid for it. i was there for every minute of the boat and mechanial survey as well as sea trial. i was a very serious cash buyer. still am .
always like the LN and would still buy if the right one comes along.
the boat is in very rough shape. unfortunate such a classic has been so abused and neglected.
i could go into all the details, but the end summary should speak for itself.
in my opinion, the value given the boat by the surveyor was grossly exagerated given its condition.
regarless, after deducting the cost of replacing the engine, i offered them
an amount that didnt appeal to the bbb's (bankers, brokers, buyers).
to any one who may bid, good luck. :)

Late model

this lord nelson was surveyed and sea trialed for a formal offer this summer.
i know, because i paid for it. i was there for every minute of the boat and mechanial survey as well as sea trial. i was a very serious cash buyer. still am .
always like the LN and would still buy if the right one comes along.
the boat is in very rough shape. unfortunate such a classic has been so abused and neglected.
i could go into all the details, but the end summary should speak for itself.
in my opinion, the value given the boat by the surveyor was grossly exagerated given its condition.
regarless, after deducting the cost of replacing the engine, i offered them
an amount that didnt appeal to the bbb's (bankers, brokers, buyers).
to any one who may bid, good luck. :)

Thanks for the Imfo. One thing going for it is it's a late model . LNVT site points out many things that make it better than an early model. Sounds to me that you should be the buyer just somebody wants too much , if there's a bank involved they usually want what they are owed and don't care how long they have to wait for it. I think an interesting and attractive boat will always be a good buy shame it's on the wrong coast for me. The one thing I would like to see in a 37' boat would be a separate shower, not as high a priority 35 years ago!
Also if you read some of the blog posting on the LNVT site there are some impressive trips done in them.
Cheers Warren
Ps just noticed it's not on auction site did somebody buy it?

Last edited:
Love the tug talk. My son works for Moran and absolutely loves it. Currently in New York Harbor.

If and when I can get my mmc id love to go down to the docks and hop on a tug. NYC only 30 min away from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom