• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Dry stack exhaust system with fiberglass stack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattie69

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Spirit
Vessel Make
Lien hwa
Really well built fiberglass stack and dual exhaust system with mufflers and stainless pipe off a large 60’ trawler...best offer ....located in Seattle ( Ballard )

Attachments

• CC6A8EB3-98A3-45F8-8B54-0D5CABFB39DF.jpeg
    CC6A8EB3-98A3-45F8-8B54-0D5CABFB39DF.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 272
  • CE569E0E-96AF-40DE-9CF4-A412FDDFE021.jpeg
    CE569E0E-96AF-40DE-9CF4-A412FDDFE021.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 6F688191-B68D-467E-9361-7F0EBAE51537.jpeg
    6F688191-B68D-467E-9361-7F0EBAE51537.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 91048A0D-7136-4B8F-BF29-A5A253EB2CD8.jpeg
    91048A0D-7136-4B8F-BF29-A5A253EB2CD8.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 160
It looks like you bought the boat! Congrats! I love drystacks. So much less to worry about. Best of luck with your new boat.

It looks like you bought the boat! Congrats! I love drystacks. So much less to worry about. Best of luck with your new boat.

Thanks Booerang,the dry stack system is great, I just really want to open up the main salon /galley/ pilot house and deck out the flybridge ...

I’ve seen that boat just sitting at the canal boat yard. I was wondering what was going on. Now that you own it I suspect work will start happening. Good luck with your adventure.

I have a dry stack system and that stack compartment in your saloon is huge. Before you rip everything out, have another look at it and see if there is anything else in there that is also using the space. It looks like it might be the principle vent for your engine room, which will need a replacement too.

I just had another look, you have a Detroit. There is a possibility there are two stacks in there with parallel mufflers that siamese into one before the upper deck stack. Detroits make a huge racket and you might find you are retrieving space at the sacrifice of relative quiet.

There is a fellow in our marina with a 48 Tolly with twin Detroits, water cooled and he can be heard approaching miles away.

Have a consult with a Detroit guy first?

Last edited:
I have a dry stack system and that stack compartment in your saloon is huge. Before you rip everything out, have another look at it and see if there is anything else in there that is also using the space. It looks like it might be the principle vent for your engine room, which will need a replacement too.

I just had another look, you have a Detroit. There is a possibility there are two stacks in there with parallel mufflers that siamese into one before the upper deck stack. Detroits make a huge racket and you might find you are retrieving space at the sacrifice of relative quiet.

There is a fellow in our marina with a 48 Tolly with twin Detroits, water cooled and he can be heard approaching miles away.

Have a consult with a Detroit guy first?
There is a two mufflers that go into the single stack,the stack is huge it’s metal and wrapped in the white fiberglass , I want to do an under water exhaust with a bypass tube , this trawler will be mostly a condo on the water in downtown Sausalito so I would rather have the space than the peace and quiet , I am going to open up the upper wall between the current galley and the pilot house and possibly put the galley aft and a U shaped couch where the current galley is,on the fly bridge there will be a full bar and a U shaped sette and day bed sun pads behind where the stack is now, I woukd like to put a small hot tub but I don’t think it can handle the weight,there is a sister ship listed on yacht world with dry side exhaust which might be an option ,but those big mufflers eat up a lot of space down the sides of the engine room

I’ve seen that boat just sitting at the canal boat yard. I was wondering what was going on. Now that you own it I suspect work will start happening. Good luck with your adventure.
Thank you, I moved the boat to CSR and hatton marine is doing the exhaust ,I hope I made good choices?the boat was a bank repo and I believe it had been there for quite awhile ,Pacific fiberglass did a bunch of dryrot repair work done on the boat prior to it being repossessed , fortuneatly all the teak decks except for the borders were glued down instead of screwed down so the boat decks are solid ,the fly bridge teak decks had been removed several years ago but the over hangs ( where the flybridge teak deck borders were screwed down were never properly repaired ) the wings and Bollards need some work , being that the flybridge eyebrow and overhang sides,parts of the Bollards and wings need paint , I am considering painting painting the hull,bollards ,wings, eyebrow a taupe leaving the cabin white and painting the boot stripe ,upper half of flybridge and arch charcoal grey,,,if I can get the boat yard to give me a deal, I like look of these new expedition yachts those colors , it will either look really cool or like a really bad idea .....

Wow, congrats and good luck! Keep us in the loop with upgrades and use.
Thank you , I would like post progress reports and get input from the forum, where is the best place to post them ? I woukd assume the classified isn’t it

CSR is a good yard. I’ve used them in the past and was always happy. Hatton is a good engine shop. They do it right. The only thing I can say negative about Hatton is they aren’t cheap.

I heard the boat had a bad shaft vibration, I don’t know if my source is reliable, just what I heard and never saw the shafts out of the boat. Who ever moved it to CSR can tell you if there was any vibration.

You must have just moved the boat as I saw it Wednesday at Canal.

I like bank repo’s, they are usually great deals.

Good luck with the paint job.

CSR is a good yard. I’ve used them in the past and was always happy. Hatton is a good engine shop. They do it right. The only thing I can say negative about Hatton is they aren’t cheap.

I heard the boat had a bad shaft vibration, I don’t know if my source is reliable, just what I heard and never saw the shafts out of the boat. Who ever moved it to CSR can tell you if there was any vibration.

You must have just moved the boat as I saw it Wednesday at Canal.

I like bank repo’s, they are usually great deals.
I know they put in water and ran it over to hatton and started tearin* out the dry stack exhaust ,the hydronic engine controls were very stiff and couldn’t get one transmission into gear,I am not sure if it’s an actuator, probably have to service the reservoir filter and change out fluid in the steering and if that doesn’t do the trick I’ll go with a new electronic eng controls

Attachments

• 5C32F19C-8450-45DE-BB58-08B7504FE884.jpg
    5C32F19C-8450-45DE-BB58-08B7504FE884.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 2EF144D7-F0D5-41C3-9311-6236D43D860A.jpeg
    2EF144D7-F0D5-41C3-9311-6236D43D860A.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 74
Looks like I will be seeing you at the Seattle boat show. LOL. If you need any help sourcing local talent let me know.

Thank you , I would like post progress reports and get input from the forum, where is the best place to post them ? I woukd assume the classified isn’t it

post under "Maint and systems" use the appropriate heading depending on the repair or upgrade. Good luck

Looks like I will be seeing you at the Seattle boat show. LOL. If you need any help sourcing local talent let me know.
Thank you tilt rider, am planning on going to the boat show,I will probably take you up on finding good talent , I am going to need a good cabinet maker,metal fabricators that have cad/ cnc machines / water jet cutters,somebody that can build marine sliding doors ,someone that can do the bright work on the boat ,usually yards will let other people come in and do varnish / bright work ( the yards rates just are too high for varnish work)heat and a/c ,....also looking for a used ,bow and stern thruster, nice davit,under counter drawer refrigeration , two large sat domes 24-30” and used satellite tv system,radar mast, electronic engine controls, good window glass shop, a fiberglass shop that can build some things off the boat

That’s a big list. As the projects ramp up I give you some direction to consider. The CNC/water jet guys are all in the city of Kent, just south of Seattle. Do look at FrontPanelExpress.com. If your job fits their machine they are fastest easiest to deal with. Boeing aerospace is in Kent, that’s why all the flowjet cutting is down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom