Old 05-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #1
Guru

City: Z
Vessel Model: tbd
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44

Looking for a used Beneteau Swift Trawler 44 in the USA

Preferably on East coast or as far as the gulf (so its not a headache to transport to the North - figure its one week from FL and an extra week from Texas)

Thank you
Old 05-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #2

City: Marietta
Vessel Model: Cobalt 246
This one is parked in the slip next to me. It's a very nice boat. Love the blue hull on her.

2014 Beneteau America Swift Trawler 44 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Old 05-12-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hughes View Post
This one is parked in the slip next to me. It's a very nice boat. Love the blue hull on her.

2014 Beneteau America Swift Trawler 44 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Thanks. Saw that one a while ago. There were a few concerns with that particular boat and broker. I see your boat is in charter with them.

Pretty much scoured yachtworld, boats.com, etc.

My issue is Sellers are taking what their boats are worth and adding the brokers fee on top. We are landing about 10% difference in price. There have been a few sitting for sale for over a year now. I am not low-balling, have actually offered more than a couple sold for last year, offer is strong but I guess the issue is they reflect on what they paid new. These are also being aggressively priced new by dealers in the past few months. There are folks with ones that are 2-3 model years old asking basically what a brand new one costs out the door fully loaded.

Maybe spring is just the wrong time to buy. May have to sit tight til Fall
Old 08-21-2017, 05:06 PM   #4
Guru

bump
Old 10-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
Guru

bump - last shot for this year
Old 10-24-2017, 03:37 PM   #6
TF Site Team

City: Westerly, RI
Vessel Name: N/A
Vessel Model: 1999 Mainship 350 Trawler
A new Beneteau Switft Trawler 44 is listed at $562K unequipped.

Motorboat Swift Trawler 44 - Powerboat Beneteau USA

The 2014 @ 439K puts it around 28% off of the new price and includes the equipment. What are you getting for numbers for new boats compared to what is offered used?

Have you looked at the older 42 Swift Trawlers.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
A new Beneteau Switft Trawler 44 is listed at $562K unequipped.

Motorboat Swift Trawler 44 - Powerboat Beneteau USA

The 2014 @ 439K puts it around 28% off of the new price and includes the equipment. What are you getting for numbers for new boats compared to what is offered used?

Have you looked at the older 42 Swift Trawlers.
Thanks, I am well aware of the numbers. The dealers are pricing these new fully loaded at $550k-ish with incentives/factory rebates applied. I even heard of a brand new one selling for $475k at end of season a year ago. A 2014 is a four year old boat as the 2018s are out. As with any four year old boat, they will not sell at new pricing.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:02 PM   #8
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
6 months searching produced nothing of interest.Why not widen your search to other boats? Maybe you already have.
I`ve inspected these boats at boat shows and saw nothing so positive to rule out anything else.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
6 months searching produced nothing of interest.Why not widen your search to other boats? Maybe you already have.
I`ve inspected these boats at boat shows and saw nothing so positive to rule out anything else.
Have something in the works now but still open if someone has one they want to sell private party.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:29 PM   #10
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery View Post
I am not low-balling, have actually offered more than a couple sold for last year, offer is strong but I guess the issue is they reflect on what they paid new.
No, the price is based on what they think they can get and want to get. You're not offering enough. Clearly it's ok to offer what you want, but doesn't make them wrong and you right. Just means no deal. Obviously, they don't consider your offer strong.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #11
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
No, the price is based on what they think they can get and want to get. You're not offering enough. Clearly it's ok to offer what you want, but doesn't make them wrong and you right. Just means no deal. Obviously, they don't consider your offer strong.
Thanks but none were selling on market because they were collectively priced too high. Very opportunistic sellers that were happy with the boat but willing to sell if they could make a buck. I finally got one in contract for a reasonable amount. A bit of a distance away but at least will be well acquainted with the boat by the time I get her home. Hoping the survey and inspections go off without a hitch! Looked at several of these so familiar with what is currently on the market if anyone else is searching and has any questions just let me know
Old 11-07-2017, 03:21 PM   #12
ljk

City: Fort Myers FL
Vessel Name: Hobie Kayak
Vessel Model: Passport 12.0, 34 Mainship Pilot, Mako 24,32 Regal Commodore, PT-41 Trawler, 33 Chris Craft Cavalier
We could be looking at what is called the "endowment effect." The guy that came up with this just won the Nobel Prize in economics. What the effect says, in short, is that people value what they already have at a higher value than those who are looking to acquire the same asset.

Its why 70% of businesses listed for sale never sell. I am not a boat expert, but maybe the same thing applies here?
Old 11-09-2017, 08:27 AM   #13

City: PNW
Vessel Model: American Tug 435
Mystery; sounds like you might be in for a great familiarization trip if your survey goes well. You probably know this but as a reminder; before you depart it might be a good idea to be sure you have some critical spare parts on board for both engines, i.e.: impellers & belts.
Good luck and let the forum know how it goes, and of course photos are always enjoyable!
Old 11-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #14
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrow View Post
Mystery; sounds like you might be in for a great familiarization trip if your survey goes well. You probably know this but as a reminder; before you depart it might be a good idea to be sure you have some critical spare parts on board for both engines, i.e.: impellers & belts.
Good luck and let the forum know how it goes, and of course photos are always enjoyable!
Thanks! Have a list going of things to take including extra fluids and parts.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #15
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
Mystery
Good hunting on your part.

Have you been following the thread regarding stern area water leakage on the B42? And the older thread on the B's Volvo engines' high oil consumption leading to replacement under warranty? If so, another survey point or two to double check.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:13 PM   #16
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchaser View Post
Mystery
Good hunting on your part.

Have you been following the thread regarding stern area water leakage on the B42? And the older thread on the B's Volvo engines' high oil consumption leading to replacement under warranty? If so, another survey point or two to double check.
yes. regarding the leak, i was asking in that thread if the 44 has the same layout and might be susceptible. regarding the oil consumption, i dont know how it will be possible to figure that out in a one day survey/inspection/sea trial?
Old 11-22-2017, 06:57 PM   #17
Guru

Closing Monday!
Old 11-22-2017, 10:30 PM   #18

City: PNW
Vessel Model: American Tug 435
Hey very exciting! And remember per TF guidelines; if there are no pics it didn't really happen
Old 01-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #19

City: dunno
How did it go? Happy so far? I hope so!