Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #1
Guru
 
City: Z
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 767
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44

Looking for a used Beneteau Swift Trawler 44 in the USA

Preferably on East coast or as far as the gulf (so its not a headache to transport to the North - figure its one week from FL and an extra week from Texas)

Thank you
__________________
Advertisement

mystery is offline  
Old 05-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
David Hughes's Avatar
 
City: Marietta
Country: US
Vessel Model: Cobalt 246
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 164
This one is parked in the slip next to me. It's a very nice boat. Love the blue hull on her.

2014 Beneteau America Swift Trawler 44 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
__________________

__________________
David Hughes
2009 Leopard 37PC- Cape Coral, FL
David Hughes is offline  
Old 05-12-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
Guru
 
City: Z
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hughes View Post
This one is parked in the slip next to me. It's a very nice boat. Love the blue hull on her.

2014 Beneteau America Swift Trawler 44 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Thanks. Saw that one a while ago. There were a few concerns with that particular boat and broker. I see your boat is in charter with them.

Pretty much scoured yachtworld, boats.com, etc.

My issue is Sellers are taking what their boats are worth and adding the brokers fee on top. We are landing about 10% difference in price. There have been a few sitting for sale for over a year now. I am not low-balling, have actually offered more than a couple sold for last year, offer is strong but I guess the issue is they reflect on what they paid new. These are also being aggressively priced new by dealers in the past few months. There are folks with ones that are 2-3 model years old asking basically what a brand new one costs out the door fully loaded.

Maybe spring is just the wrong time to buy. May have to sit tight til Fall
mystery is offline  
Old 08-21-2017, 05:06 PM   #4
Guru
 
City: Z
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 767
bump
mystery is offline  
Old 10-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
Guru
 
City: Z
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 767
bump - last shot for this year
mystery is offline  
Old 10-24-2017, 03:37 PM   #6
TF Site Team
 
City: Westerly, RI
Country: USA
Vessel Name: N/A
Vessel Model: 1999 Mainship 350 Trawler
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,146
A new Beneteau Switft Trawler 44 is listed at $562K unequipped.

Motorboat Swift Trawler 44 - Powerboat Beneteau USA

The 2014 @ 439K puts it around 28% off of the new price and includes the equipment. What are you getting for numbers for new boats compared to what is offered used?

Have you looked at the older 42 Swift Trawlers.
Shrew is offline  
Old 10-24-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
Guru
 
City: Z
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
A new Beneteau Switft Trawler 44 is listed at $562K unequipped.

Motorboat Swift Trawler 44 - Powerboat Beneteau USA

The 2014 @ 439K puts it around 28% off of the new price and includes the equipment. What are you getting for numbers for new boats compared to what is offered used?

Have you looked at the older 42 Swift Trawlers.
Thanks, I am well aware of the numbers. The dealers are pricing these new fully loaded at $550k-ish with incentives/factory rebates applied. I even heard of a brand new one selling for $475k at end of season a year ago. A 2014 is a four year old boat as the 2018s are out. As with any four year old boat, they will not sell at new pricing.
mystery is offline  
Old 10-24-2017, 05:02 PM   #8
Guru
 
BruceK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,865
6 months searching produced nothing of interest.Why not widen your search to other boats? Maybe you already have.
I`ve inspected these boats at boat shows and saw nothing so positive to rule out anything else.
__________________
BruceK
2005 Integrity 386 "Sojourn"
Sydney Australia
BruceK is offline  
Old 10-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #9
Guru
 
City: Z
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
6 months searching produced nothing of interest.Why not widen your search to other boats? Maybe you already have.
I`ve inspected these boats at boat shows and saw nothing so positive to rule out anything else.
Have something in the works now but still open if someone has one they want to sell private party.
mystery is offline  
Old 10-24-2017, 06:29 PM   #10
Guru
 
BandB's Avatar
 
City: Fort Lauderdale
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 18,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery View Post
I am not low-balling, have actually offered more than a couple sold for last year, offer is strong but I guess the issue is they reflect on what they paid new.
No, the price is based on what they think they can get and want to get. You're not offering enough. Clearly it's ok to offer what you want, but doesn't make them wrong and you right. Just means no deal. Obviously, they don't consider your offer strong.
BandB is offline  
Old 11-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #11
Guru
 
City: Z
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
No, the price is based on what they think they can get and want to get. You're not offering enough. Clearly it's ok to offer what you want, but doesn't make them wrong and you right. Just means no deal. Obviously, they don't consider your offer strong.
Thanks but none were selling on market because they were collectively priced too high. Very opportunistic sellers that were happy with the boat but willing to sell if they could make a buck. I finally got one in contract for a reasonable amount. A bit of a distance away but at least will be well acquainted with the boat by the time I get her home. Hoping the survey and inspections go off without a hitch! Looked at several of these so familiar with what is currently on the market if anyone else is searching and has any questions just let me know
mystery is offline  
Old 11-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #12
ljk
Senior Member
 
ljk's Avatar
 
City: Fort Myers FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Chardonnay
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 183
We could be looking at what is called the "endowment effect." The guy that came up with this just won the Nobel Prize in economics. What the effect says, in short, is that people value what they already have at a higher value than those who are looking to acquire the same asset.

Its why 70% of businesses listed for sale never sell. I am not a boat expert, but maybe the same thing applies here?
ljk is offline  
Old 11-09-2017, 09:27 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
City: PNW
Country: USA
Vessel Model: American Tug 435
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 258
Mystery; sounds like you might be in for a great familiarization trip if your survey goes well. You probably know this but as a reminder; before you depart it might be a good idea to be sure you have some critical spare parts on board for both engines, i.e.: impellers & belts.
Good luck and let the forum know how it goes, and of course photos are always enjoyable!
Hamrow is offline  
Old 11-09-2017, 12:21 PM   #14
Guru
 
City: Z
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrow View Post
Mystery; sounds like you might be in for a great familiarization trip if your survey goes well. You probably know this but as a reminder; before you depart it might be a good idea to be sure you have some critical spare parts on board for both engines, i.e.: impellers & belts.
Good luck and let the forum know how it goes, and of course photos are always enjoyable!
Thanks! Have a list going of things to take including extra fluids and parts.
mystery is offline  
Old 11-09-2017, 01:00 PM   #15
Guru
 
City: Carefree, Arizona
Country: usa
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,552
Mystery
Good hunting on your part.

Have you been following the thread regarding stern area water leakage on the B42? And the older thread on the B's Volvo engines' high oil consumption leading to replacement under warranty? If so, another survey point or two to double check.
sunchaser is offline  
Old 11-09-2017, 01:13 PM   #16
Guru
 
City: Z
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchaser View Post
Mystery
Good hunting on your part.

Have you been following the thread regarding stern area water leakage on the B42? And the older thread on the B's Volvo engines' high oil consumption leading to replacement under warranty? If so, another survey point or two to double check.
yes. regarding the leak, i was asking in that thread if the 44 has the same layout and might be susceptible. regarding the oil consumption, i dont know how it will be possible to figure that out in a one day survey/inspection/sea trial?
mystery is offline  
Old 11-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #17
Guru
 
City: Z
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 767
Closing Monday!
mystery is offline  
Old 11-22-2017, 11:30 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
City: PNW
Country: USA
Vessel Model: American Tug 435
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 258
Hey very exciting! And remember per TF guidelines; if there are no pics it didn't really happen
Hamrow is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 07:28 PM   #19
Member
 
GARRYOWEN's Avatar
 
City: dunno
Country: place
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 10
How did it go? Happy so far? I hope so!
__________________

GARRYOWEN is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012
×