Old 07-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #1

City: Ottawa
Vessel Name: Mariol
Vessel Model: Albin 25
Albin 25 For Sale - Ottawa, Ontario

Albin 25 Boat for sale
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Asking price: Can$24,500 / US$18,800

The Albin 25, made in Sweden, is the perfect boat for low cost cruising on lakes, rivers, canals and even for coastal trips. Very solid and reliable, it was made to last. This is a classic boat; you could call it the floating VW Westphalia!

Very economical, it uses less than 2 liters (half a gallon) of diesel fuel per hour at 6 knots (6.9 Mph) cruising speed and can go up to 7 knots. This boat is fully equipped and is perfect for a day trip or longer trips of several days or even weeks. Very safe it is well suited for a couple or a family with two kids. Two adults can sleep in the front cabin. The aft cabin can accommodate two children and/or be used for storage. Very easy to sail and very manoeuvrable with the help of a bow thruster, a very rare option on this type of boat.

With a draft of 28 inches and a bridge clearance of less than 8 feet (with anchor light lowered) it is the perfect boat for sailing on the Rideau and Trent-Severn waterways, and is able to go under the low bridges of the Lachine Canal in Montreal. It is also a very good boat for the Great Lakes, the St-Lawrence, the Richelieu and Lake Champlain, the Intracoastal Waterway, etc. Albin 25 owners have even made it to the Bahamas from Florida.

Built in 1970 this boat has been entirely refitted in 2006, including a new Yanmar 3YM30G diesel engine with approximately 1000 hrs of running time. The inside has been completely redone with varnished wood floors. The propeller shaft, the shaft seal and the transmission have been replaced and the rudder rebuilt in 2016. Canvas and cushions are in good condition and the mosquito screens have been replaced in 2018.

Many improvements have been made over the years, including a swimming platform with ladder and Weaver type davits, a storage cabinet in the cockpit…

The boat is fully equipped, see the detailed specifications section.

Only 8'-6'' wide and weighting approximately 4000 pounds it can be towed easily. A two axle Holsclaw trailer is included in the sale. Note: the trailer needs repairs to the braking system for long distance road travel.

The boat is available at the end of August 2019.
Can be seen at Manotick Marina, Rideau River, Ottawa, Ontario.

For more photos and detailed specifications: https://albin25ottawaen.blogspot.com/
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1851.jpg   IMG_3429.jpg   IMG_1854.jpg   IMG_1857.jpg   IMG_1861.jpg  

IMG_1869.jpg   IMG_1870.jpg   IMG_1862.jpg   IMG_1921.jpg   IMG_1815.jpg  

Old 07-20-2019, 10:45 AM   #2

City: Beaufort, NC
Beautiful boat looks very well maintained. I love the double cabin Albins, wish I was in the market for one but it’s a few years to early for me. Good luck selling I’m sure she’ll go fast!
Old 07-20-2019, 12:33 PM   #3

City: Ottawa
Vessel Name: Mariol
Vessel Model: Albin 25
Thank you! It is a very nice boat indeed. Ready to cruise!
Old 07-20-2019, 05:50 PM   #4

City: Rockford, IL
Vessel Name: Du NORD
Vessel Model: Albin-25
Will tell the Albn Owners Group A-25 and A=27 folks

I'll tell the Albin Owners Group about this notice. Won't copy your URL and post it over there because I don't know their rules of boats for sale.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:01 PM   #5
Guru

City: St Augustine,Fl
I had one. loved it but it was just too small for my 6'2" stature. Awesome boats! Very well maintained and upgraded example of the small Albin. GLWS!