Old 08-24-2019, 06:42 AM   #21

City: Oakville
Vessel Name: Good Vibrations
Vessel Model: Mainship 34T
Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorMur View Post
Looking at boats, specifically on sites such as this, it would be time saving to see it has been sold before you start reviewing and find almost at the end of comments it is sold!!

Sorry, LorMur. If this were an marketing venue, I'd agree with your sentiment. But it's primarily a helpful forum of like-minded people. My former vessel was advertised for sale and sold on boatdealers.ca, which permits a sold report and removal from its site. Good luck with your search.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:24 AM   #22

City: Sebringville, ON
Hello Ross Wilson. The section i was perusing on the trawler forum was "Boats for Sale" listing as per the title, boats for sale. I would have to label this section as a marketing venue deeming it to provide on each listing whether the boat is for sale or is sold. This saves a lot of search time for folks looking to find and purchase a boat.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:57 PM   #23

City: Oakville
Vessel Name: Good Vibrations
Vessel Model: Mainship 34T
Sold
Old 08-26-2019, 05:17 PM   #24

There ya go!��......
Old 08-26-2019, 06:24 PM   #25

Why isn't SOLD put on the listing??
Old 08-26-2019, 09:09 PM   #26
Guru

City: Southern Maine
Vessel Model: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
Did you happen to look at the date of the original post?

Seriously, it's not good form to come in here, open up a year-old thread, and beat up on the OP.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:17 PM   #27

No. Assumed a listing would be updated. Found out this is not the case. No intent to "beat-up" anyone. Will not use Trawler Forum in our search as we have learned our lesson one cannot immediately become aware if the boat is for sale or sold by reading the listings on the TF "Boats for Sale" site.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:54 PM   #28

City: Florida USA and Ontario Canada
Vessel Name: anytime
Vessel Model: 2007 Chaparral 270 Signature LOA 29'
As already implied ... is not a dedicated trading site nor eBay. Look at it like an old fashion street corner pole. It keeps advertising till the bill is visible/legible.

The boat is SOLD but one can still learn something from the discussion, including the fact that the boat was SOLD.

The benefit of this site is that all posters are more less vetted and the ads are not likely scams ... contrast this with Craigs List or Kijiji Classified.

Good luck to you finding your boat.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:22 PM   #29

We have no problem with discussions as provided on TF.
There is a great offering of information and education from several of the sites including the boats for sale when one is searching for positive discussions etc. even if a boat is sold.......no criticism on this.

However, we still maintain it would be a positive inclusion to ensure when a listing is SOLD it is shown on the original listing to allow a searcher serious to purchase, is able to decide whether they would pursue looking at a SOLD listing to see if any valuable info. can be garnered from it, or continue on to active FOR SALE listings on types of boats they are considering using their time more efficiently specific to what their objective is.

It would not be difficult to have this required.
Please correct us if we are wrong!
Old 08-27-2019, 02:57 AM   #30

City: New York
Always look at the bright side of life.....
Old 08-27-2019, 06:26 AM   #31
Guru

City: Northport
Quote:
No. Assumed a listing would be updated. Found out this is not the case. No intent to "beat-up" anyone. Will not use Trawler Forum in our search as we have learned our lesson one cannot immediately become aware if the boat is for sale or sold by reading the listings on the TF "Boats for Sale" site.
Will not use Trawler Forum in our search as we have learned our lesson one cannot immediately become aware if the boat is for sale or sold by reading the listings on the TF "Boats for Sale" site.

Adios !
Old 08-27-2019, 06:50 AM   #32

Genecop you are right on the mark!!

Sorry smitty477. We aren't leaving TF, just the use of the one site for our search.

May you have fair winds and a following sea!
Old 08-27-2019, 07:01 AM   #33
Guru

City: Northport
Quote:
Genecop you are right on the mark!!

Sorry smitty477. We aren't leaving TF, just the use of the one site for our search.

May you have fair winds and a following sea!
"Sorry smitty477. We aren't leaving TF, just the use of the one site for our search."

No worries I completely got the post from reading it - you are not going to use the for sale section. In my case I bought one boat through this section and sold 2 boats utilizing this section all within the past 6 years. I have found the section to be very helpful but now say goodbye to someone who does not share that view.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:25 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty477 View Post
"Sorry smitty477. We aren't leaving TF, just the use of the one site for our search."

No worries I completely got the post from reading it - you are not going to use the for sale section. In my case I bought one boat through this section and sold 2 boats utilizing this section all within the past 6 years. I have found the section to be very helpful but now say goodbye to someone who does not share that view.
Well we we are always open to new input and perhaps we will just have to read the posting dates as mentioned by another commenter on the site to enable us to stay away from the already sold boats not signified. We certainly don't want to miss a possibility of the boat we would really like and don't want to cut our nose off to spite our face.
Thanks for your information.

Tags
monk 42, monk trawler