• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Chain drive autopilot motor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captjohn7

Veteran Member
Found on my boat is a yaskawa PMEE-12-PY21 . Previous owner was piecing together an auto pilot and this was his choice for the chain drive for the steering on a 42 Grand Banks. I chose to install a new auto pilot and the motor cost for the Raymarine I bought was over $1600.00. Willing to entertain even modest offers ! Can anyone use this ? Thanks and please let me know.

Attachments

• B52DCFBE-79CE-45CE-B354-0F4C68B09265.jpeg
    B52DCFBE-79CE-45CE-B354-0F4C68B09265.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 233
  • A87462A4-133F-4B91-9D1E-1902814F35B5.jpg
    A87462A4-133F-4B91-9D1E-1902814F35B5.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DBC592A9-0394-4254-BB4B-AE8CDB79F2D5.jpg
    DBC592A9-0394-4254-BB4B-AE8CDB79F2D5.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 77
Have you powered this up? I am interested but would like to know it works.

Powering up

Hi, thanks for you inquiring, I have not powered it up but I will today. I have a 12 volt supply and will test it. I would like to be confident that this motor will be usable. I will let you know what I find and will try to post a video of it’s operation. Will that do ?
Best, John

Power up

I don’t have any switching solenoids. I hooked what I thought was master power and then cycled what I thought to be the port starboard actuators. The unit just clicked, so I don’t know if it’s any good. If you have the reversing polarity switch equipment that makes it work I would be willing to ship to you for the cost of shipping. Otherwise I think it’s going to the dump. Let me know, thanks.

They maintain a website which for the heck of it I tried the PMEE model number to no avail.
They have a location in US so if curious it might be worthwhile to email or tel. them and ask if any info is available.

Thanks for testing. Since you are giving it away for shipping costs I would be glad to have it. My address is 6 Strathcona Cres, Kitchener Ontario Canada N2B 2W6 my phone is 519 748 8782.
Let me know the cost and I can try and email you the money. In Canada we do a lot of etransfer to pay for items like this but not sure if your bank would process it. We can figure something out.
Thanls

Pmee

I will ship it today and find out the cost. I have a PayPal acct. I am sure we can get me reimbursed for the shipping. I will forward a tracking number.

I will pay you by paypal, I too have an account. Mailing it by USPS works well here. UPS is a no no.
Once I have tested it and if not working will try and repair it, as you know most boaters are a little handy, if not when they bought the boat they will be soon.

Thanks

I went to the post office and was informed they need an addressee name. I got the address, p.m. if that’s more appropriate. Standing by.

Shipping to Ontario

Hi David, I sent the motor USPS. Tracking number is CH093970172US. I hope you are more familiar with international shipping rates than I am because I almost fell down when it came time to pay. Sadly it cost $ 73.80. My PayPal acct is Captjohn7@gmail.com. I would not have sent it if I thought it wouldn’t work for you. Good luck, boating season is just around the corner !

I received it today and it was dead. Took it apart and found water damage to rear magnet and brushes. Throughly cleaned the armature and magnet, lubed the brushes and the motor works, drawing no load about 2 amps. Then I took the front off and cleaned the clutch and pins. I conected it to my course computer and a remote that my son found on his boat and all works. I need a rudder reference arm and gryro compass.
Thanks so much I am looking forward to finishing the project this summer. CHeers

Autopilot

Outstanding ! Much better to find a new life for it than to landfill it. Congratulations on what I hope you have found to be a strong value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom