Old 11-02-2017, 07:08 PM   #21
Guru

City: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Vessel Name: Xanadu
Vessel Model: Mainship 37 Motor Yacht
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunn View Post
... I don't add stabilized to the fuel tank because I don't think electrons go bad.
Ha! Well, hydrocarbon molecules fall apart I suppose but I don't do stabilizer either. Lawn mowers, power washer, chain saw, leaf blower, outboard motor, they all start up for me okay in the spring after five months asleep. But others swear by it I know.
kthoennes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:32 PM   #22
Guru

City: Carrabelle, FL
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: '05 Mainship 40T
I keep my hypalon dink on the swim platform under a stamoid cover. It keeps the sun off, but man, the mildew is awful, it comes up in just a couple weeks.

There is pretty good airflow under the cover, I'm not sure how I would add more.

I've thought about using a mildew inhibitor spray. Anybody tried that?
Dougcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:31 PM   #23
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: Don't believe in winter.

We keep our RIB's in normal position and covered. I was wondering why people were talking sun damage and not using cover. However, now see dougcole's post.

We're not having the problem as you describe even on the one we have on the swim platform. Materials are important and I do know natural materials are lousy for mildew and polyesters and acrylics much better. I know Stamoid is a vinyl coated polyester and claims to be mildew resistant but don't know. Here's a cool listing of the various fabrics. We use Sunbrella which is an Acrylic.

Best Boat Cover Material Discussion!

Now something you may not have although the Stamoid people have them on their site. That's a boat vent. Here's the Boat Vent II

Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969

They have a sewable one too.

Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969

I know a lot of people don't have poles under their dinghy cover. These require poles. If you don't have the vents, I'd talk to Sailrite about it.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:58 PM   #24
Guru

City: Port Townsend
Vessel Name: The Promise
Vessel Model: Roughwater 35
I recently discovered the Weaver snap davits are responsible for breaking the Port swimstep support bracket. As a result I’m shopping for St Croix type davits.
dhmeissner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:47 AM   #25

Be sure to drain carbeurator and start with new gas in the spring. Mine hangs off davit, 11ft whaler with 15hp 4 stroke Honda. Dole fin helps stability and reduces porposing.
MVDarlin is offline   Reply With Quote