Small craft advisory (Boston)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Slow Lane
Vessel Make
2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
It was perfect out there today until the late afternoon!! The morning was calm, lunchtime was fine ( winds building) and then in the late afternoon it came on quick (after the Patriots won!).

My Raymarine ST40 was showing sustained winds from 17- 21 knots out of the SW all late afternoon. But there were gusts that were much more than that. I had to come down from the flybridge because I wasn't exactly overjoyed with my experience up there. Lmao. It was windy. Lots of fun though....Is it really October 15th in Massachusetts??? Next weekend looks awesome too (70's).

**MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE VIDEO TO 480P OR HIGHER RESOLUTION**

https://youtu.be/GxIByizVkWc

Took my Camano through some 3-4 seas Saturday

Had a small craft warning on the Chesapeake Saturday but wanted to experience it and get my sister a look at the Thomas Point light house. Short interval made it interesting head on. A little wet on the flybridge now and then. A few items flew around the salon. Had to turn quick to avoid the broadsides as she does roll a bit. Not bad at all with the waves astern heading back in. Don't think I will do head on 4 foot seas too often on purpose. I don't have trim tabs not real fun with the bow high above 8-9 knots.

Milton: The flybridges of our boats are only for fair seas IMO. In rough seas I'm always in the lower helm.

To your point: I didn't mind it at all! I'm coming from a smaller boat with a flat bottom so my new Camano feels much safer in conditions where my previous boat would not have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom