She Just Arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boaterjim

Vessel Name
Entanglement
Vessel Make
Helmsman 43
Our Helmsman 43 arrived at our dock this past week. I joined Scott at Moore Haven for the final 2 days after he and Roger offloaded it in Miami, went North to Stuart, then crossed Lake Okeechobee. This extensive time commitment to delivery was Scott's response to our predicament of needing to be in Sanibel repairing our home after Hurricane Ian dumped 4.5' of water into it.
Absolutely the perfect boat for us. After having a 65' Selene and travelled to Alaska from Seattle a couple times we were ready for downsizing. To my surprise, while the LOA is less the features aren't.
And the benefit of dealing with the company owner instead of a sales rep was apparent in this example. The propane regulator was mounted about a half inch off, obstructing insertion of one propane tank. Before Roger could move the regulator Scott asked for it to be photographed so he could send the photo to the yard. I'd call that instantaneous quality control worthy of a 6-sigma black belt.
We are eager to get to know Entanglement. Stay safe.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat.

1) CONGRATULATIONS on the boat delivery. We all look forward to hearing more about it as you settle in.

2) Condolences on the hurricane damage. We all read how horrific it was in your spot.

Congratulations. While Scott was delivering your boat, he looked in on our 38E that was mistakenly shipped to Miami. He sent a photo showing that she was doing well but homesick. Until she finds her way back to the west coast, we’ll have to keep enjoying other people’s Helmsman Trawlers. Please share your impressions and post lots of pictures.

We love the name. We had considered naming our boat “Quantum Entanglement” because of our personal history. We reconnected after forty one years apart and found that we were still connected like quantumly entangled particles separated by time and space.

Congretulations on the new boat and welcome aboard.
Pictures are of course always welcome, since we absolutely not curious at all.:)

After having a 65' Selene and travelled to Alaska from Seattle a couple times we were ready for downsizing.

Curious what drove the desire for downsizing, as 65' isn't an unusually-large boat for a couple to care for and manage.

Congratulations, and welcome. From everything I understand you've got a lovely boat.

Hope we hear from you occasionally.

Congratulations Boaterjim on the arrival of your 43E. Fair winds and calm seas.

Curious what drove the desire for downsizing, as 65' isn't an unusually-large boat for a couple to care for and manage.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

'Downsizing' is in the eye of the beholder. I'm 'downsizing' to 38 ft because I don't think I'd be comfortable single-handing anything much bigger at this age and point in life (and stage of general bodily deterioration and decrepitude).

Why downsize: Maintenance irrelevant, we still do it all, but we are no longer cruising for 4 months straight in remote areas so we don’t need:
• 2,000 gallons of fuel and 500 water
• water maker
• multiple food freezers
• multiple kayaks, sailing dinghy, Vespa scooters
• shop with huge tool chest and all it permits me to do
• lazarette storage for crab pots, shrimp pots, halibut spear
• accommodations for 4-6 guests
Residing now in SW FL with 5’ depth in our slip vs. 30’ in Seattle, a 65’ boat makes no sense regardless of comfort needs.

How about some photos of your new baby?
Right??? I'm thinking maybe OP has been catfished. He keeps sending multi-thousand dollar wire transfers to Nigeria because the boat is stuck in customs......

In all seriousness, congrats. Long ago a delivery skipper who got me started told me no matter how important a meeting an Exec may be in, he always takes the call "Sir, your boat has just arrived....."

Peter

Congratulations Boater Jim and greetings from Ottawa Canada.
Barrie

Respect your parents…..they passed school without GOOGLE.

Congratulations!

Our 43E is somewhere between Hawaii and California headed for the Panama Canal. Expected delivery 2/8 - 2/10 in Norfolk.

Bob E

Congratulations Boater Jim and greetings from Ottawa Canada.
Barrie

Respect your parents…..they passed school without GOOGLE.

How many of our members have heard of the Dewey
Decimal System or seen a card catalogue cabinet?

Congratulations! Bet you are having as much fun as we are with the new boat! I will be passing by you sometime this year on the way to Key West and further if the travel plans work out. Would be good to meet up!

Congratulations. While Scott was delivering your boat, he looked in on our 38E that was mistakenly shipped to Miami. He sent a photo showing that she was doing well but homesick. Until she finds her way back to the west coast, we’ll have to keep enjoying other people’s Helmsman Trawlers. Please share your impressions and post lots of pictures.

We love the name. We had considered naming our boat “Quantum Entanglement” because of our personal history. We reconnected after forty one years apart and found that we were still connected like quantumly entangled particles separated by time and space.

How does a boat destined for the west coast get shipped to the east coast. Sounds like a huge error?

How does a boat destined for the west coast get shipped to the east coast. Sounds like a huge error?

Two Helmsman 38Es left the yard at the same time. They were both shrink wrapped for the trip west. They carried shipping labels which blew off on the barge trip to Shanghai. One boat, Hull 49, was to be shipped to Miami and our Hull 50 was to be transported to Seattle. They were to be carried on separate ships. As we understand it, the shipping company’s port agent failed to oversee the loading and the boats were loaded on the wrong boats. The shipper has acknowledged their error and is paying for the return trip.

Scott Helker of Helmsman Trawlers has been on top of this from the moment we realized that the boat we were going to see offloaded in Seattle was not ours. The Helmsman team drove the boat to a marina near Fort Lauderdale, where it was re-covered in white shrink wrap. Scott personally looked in on the boat two weeks ago and drove it to the yacht transport on Friday.

The big screw-up, which we refer to as “switched at berth”, may have been the result of Covid precautions in China. We just heard from the owner of our boat’s traveling companion that the ETA in Victoria is February, 21.

Hopefully they will secure the shipping labels on better in the future. It must suck having to wait longer for your boat to arrive. I know I would be on pins and needles waiting. Good luck.

Hopefully they will secure the shipping labels on better in the future. It must suck having to wait longer for your boat to arrive. I know I would be on pins and needles waiting. Good luck.

It’s been a series of ups and downs waiting for it to arrive, but we’re confident we will be meeting Alba Bella in just three weeks so we are definitely excited again. The support we’ve gotten from the forum and Scott Helker have really helped get through the long wait.

It’s been a series of ups and downs waiting for it to arrive, but we’re confident we will be meeting Alba Bella in just three weeks so we are definitely excited again. The support we’ve gotten from the forum and Scott Helker have really helped get through the long wait.

We will need some photos when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom