Shaft Log Outside Diameter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TStiles

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
WakeRobin
Vessel Make
Camano 31
'Anyone with a Camano 31 who has had to replace their dripless shaft seal? If so, do you recall your shaft log outside diameter?
I'm a distance from the boat and need to accumulate parts needed for a haul-out / repair.

Thanks!

if you dont get the info I am on the boat tomorrow night and can measure mine
it is a 2006
Let me know.
Colin

Colin,

I heard from a couple of folks, both of whom have 31's that are a couple of years older than yours and mine. They both came in at 2-1/2 inches for the shaft log. The Canadian-built Camanos are so consistent in their builds, I believe I'm probably safe going with 2-1/2 inches. Do you agree?

Hey Tim
I agree all the same.
When you find out all the parts you need can you email me so I have it on file.
It is one of the last things I need to put in my file and order spare parts for.

Thanks in advance
PS Do you know how to get into the head line in the cabin ?

Colin,

I'm sorry, but I do not have any details regarding the waste system. It is the one maintenance item that I've religiously outsourced. ;)

I'll be into the head liner for the first time 2-3 weeks from now. Having never attempted the venture before, it'll be a new experience for me. Perhaps if someone views this thread who has the experience can let us know the secrets, we can all save a lot of trauma along the way?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom