Price Increases

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimdavi

Vessel Name
Couple’s Retreat
Vessel Make
2019 North Pacific 45
Looks like Helmsman has raised prices significantly. Assume some of this is import risk of 25% duty, although already manufactured boats have gone up significantly as well.

Website doesn’t show but the boats for sale including new all show significant increases, including new on Yachtworld. Just search Helmsman trawlers for sale

Looking at the prices from last year, I’d guess at 4 or 5% increase.
In stock modelsmost likely have options and electronics installed.
Considering the tariff climate....4-5% isn’t too bad.

Does a 25% tariff now apply to Chinese imports, incl boats? Hard to know what is happening, vs announcements of what will/may happen.

Don't you just love paying those tariff/taxes? Making America Great Again.

Don't you just love paying those tariff/taxes? Making America Great Again.
Mods don`t like politics on threads so that can go through to the keeper. But I`d still like to know if the tariffs are actually operative,as opposed to "talked about". Lots happening with currencies, stocks,and commodities.

Mods don`t like politics on threads so that can go through to the keeper. But I`d still like to know if the tariffs are actually operative,as opposed to "talked about". Lots happening with currencies, stocks,and commodities.

10% operative, 25% to come, but I haven't seen any on boats and thought I'd been through all the pages well. I think any increase at this point is just trying to boost their market price and reflecting their solid business. Also, they wouldn't be the first to put higher prices on Yachtworld and sell for less.

Back
Top Bottom