New 38 spec’d and ordered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Durant F

Guru
Vessel Name
Emma B
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 32/34
It’s done
Check was received
Order confirmed
New 38 in line for late August/22 delivery.
Perfect for my fall cruise and coincides with Bevs retirement

Kept it fairly basic to suit my style of cruising.
Standard 250hp is lots for me
Added additional 50 gallon water tank
A few galley mods, but basically the standard layout
Radar arch rather than a mast
Same hull colour as Emma B
Bus heater for underway with fall cruises
Wired for solar
A few misc other detail changes

Looking forward to continued adventures
Admit to being excited about this

Still pondering a new name...

Thanks to Scott for his cooperation

Attachments

• 47254755-A5DE-4EE8-BF06-F8784ACB8F8B.jpg
    47254755-A5DE-4EE8-BF06-F8784ACB8F8B.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 0A2052A4-0A0D-4B0C-944A-A18FC128C6D9.jpg
    0A2052A4-0A0D-4B0C-944A-A18FC128C6D9.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 3276F237-E276-4180-BCBD-72DD6938933B.jpg
    3276F237-E276-4180-BCBD-72DD6938933B.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 54
Congratulations. Its a great boat.

Very exciting, great boat!

Hey there Frank - congratulations on your next adventure! Looking forward to seeing your new ride next year!

Congrats, you have excellent taste. Best of luck.

Thanks for the comments
This will be the one to “see me through”
Hopefully have more company aboard and there’s nothing more fun than showing folks scenery you love.

You could follow the example of the Starship Enterprise. Every time a newer bigger better one came out, they went to the next letter of the alphabet.

This one could be Emma C.

Zowie! Wish it was me, but happy for you. Superb choice.

I can't wait to read your fall/early-winter cruise posts from.... your new boat! Good times ahead :flowers:

My friend purchased that boat a few years ago. He loves the boat!
Very seaworthy.
An excellent, well thought out, boat!

Wifey B: So nice to see repeat business and such praises for a builder as we continue to see here for Helmsman. Good luck to you on the build. :D

Thanks.
I have no concerns moving forward with this order based on my past dealings with Scott.
I’m sure the others owners that have dealt with him will agree that he is honourable and goes above and beyond on many levels.
He set out to “build a brand” ... and that he has.
The fact they are booked with 38 builds until fall of 22 will attest to that fact.

Last edited:
Envious.

Looking forward to hearing about it and the fall cruises.

Sitting here daydreaming boats and thought of how Helmsman is making its entry into Canada. I was the first with “Emma B”, next came my friend John with his 43 “Integra”. I’ve met Doug in Powel River with a 38 on order and slottied for a September/October delivery. There’s another 38 I know of and I believe there are others as well. Nice to see the brand succeed.

I am following soon behind you, for an H38. Chesapeake Bay. Looking for a spring of 2023 delivery.

Sitting here daydreaming boats and thought of how Helmsman is making its entry into Canada. I was the first with “Emma B”, next came my friend John with his 43 “Integra”. I’ve met Doug in Powel River with a 38 on order and slottied for a September/October delivery. There’s another 38 I know of and I believe there are others as well. Nice to see the brand succeed.

Helmsman is doing it the right way. Kudos to Scott. While finding the right boat is important, finding the right builder is often more so, if looking at new boats. The information is there but often people just fall in love with a boat and then go braindead. I've seen some brilliant businessmen do absolutely no due diligence and use none of their business acumen in making a huge financial commitment, instead falling for the shine and glitter and smooth sails pitch. I've had them ask me how I knew and I've said "any boating forum" and I've said "public court records."

I even am impressed by their website. Base prices shown. Measurements including air draft. Performance curve. It's all part of the way they conduct business.

Agreed
And the fact that customization is possible is a huge bonus for me.
We are all unique and have different priorities. Why shouldn’t our boats reflect those priorities…

They sure pack a lot of boat into the H38E! Great choice for a versatile, capable vessel. Any thrusters or articulated rudder?

The late TFer Windmist (RIP) had a H38 with an articulated rudder that behaved like a stern thruster!!

They come standard with bow and stern thruster.
I deleted the stern thruster.
The rudder sounds interesting. Never saw one.

Thanks.
What year is your Mariner?
Engine?
I stayed with the standard 250 as I’m a distance cruiser that enjoys the journey. Looking at fuel numbers, I’m figuring I’ll be about 1400rpm and about 7 knots with the 250.

Ours is a 2007; hull #3. We have the 380 HP QSB, but it virtually never makes more than 80 or so HP. I’d have gone with the 250 if we bought it new.

Just looked this up, wow, what an awesome boat! Congratulations!

Looking on the Helmsman site they show 400 gallon capacity but I seem to be missing where they state the range?

Thanks
They are a beautiful cruiser
Range depends on multiple factors
Wind-seas-tide...and the big one : speed!
I’ll be a 1400rpm, 7 knot cruise guy so will have well over 1000 mile range with the 250hp (approx 2.2 gph at that rpm)
As they say : “your mileage will vary”

Thanks
They are a beautiful cruiser
Range depends on multiple factors
Wind-seas-tide...and the big one : speed!
I’ll be a 1400rpm, 7 knot cruise guy so will have well over 1000 mile range with the 250hp (approx 2.2 gph at that rpm)
As they say : “your mileage will vary”

Did you add a watermaker? Is a genset standard?

No and no ?
I ordered an extra 50 gallon water tank
Will have solar again

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom